Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

If you are having problems then, for your own benefit, it would save us all a lot of time if you would kindly post your configuration report when you ask for help from this forum. If you do not post your configuration report we will not ask you for it but you will probably not get your problem solved, either.

K 2.0 support will cease on 31 August 2013 and this section of the forum will be closed and archived after that time and no further questions will be answered about this version.

Question Rutube dont work

More
11 years 4 months ago #1 by legu
Rutube dont work was created by legu
In my site with kunena installed i will need to embed videos from some video providers, from now i just need to add videa.hu and to fix the rutube.ru because is not working in kunena 2.0.2. Could the team fix rutube and tell me the api for videa.hu?

btw, i could add dailymotion to kunena 2.0.2. If someone want dailymotion, just add this code to the bbcode.php file:

'dailymotion' => array ('flash', 420, 331, 0, 0, ' www.dailymotion.com/swf/%vcode% ', '\/video\/([a-zA-Z0-9]*)', '' ),

and in the edit_editor.php add 'DayliMotion' as videoprovider.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 4 months ago #2 by sozzled
Replied by sozzled on topic Rutube dont work
K 2.0.2 is unsupported.

The task of maintaining the range of video providers is a never-ending task. The task is further complicated by the unavailability of the numbers of people who use some of these video providers and the familiarity that people may have with those sources of video. The Kunena team can only really accomplish those things that we have the time to do, given our own needs and pressures to deliver the best-possible outcome for the needs of the community.

Special, one-off, needs such as yours are nearly impossible for the development team to spend time working on and not obtain any benefit from that work. Looking at this forum over the past four years, I cannot find any other cases where your specific needs have been mentioned before.

Thank you for the information you gave about "dailymotion" videos. I am sure it will help someone.

I don't know any more about rutube or what you need to do to implement the functionality in Kunena but, perhaps, there is someone who can generously give their time to help. I doubt that this will be something that the team will fix unless (a) there is a demonstrated need supported by many other users who require it and (b) if we can find people who are familiar with that "product" who can help the team design, develop and test it.
The following user(s) said Thank You: legu

More
11 years 4 months ago #3 by legu
Replied by legu on topic Rutube dont work
Hi sozzled,
Ty for ur reply.
I understand that the team is overwhelmed, i d like to thank the kunena team for all the efforts to continue give us this excellent component. I will try to find another way to add more video providers to Kunena, but relative to Ru.tube, this video provider is implemented in kunena 2.0.3, i think is convenient that this could work fine.
I tryed many ways to embed the video, but only shows the player, without the video.

btw, i have already upgraded to kunena 2.0.3.

Time to create page: 0.379 seconds