Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

If you are having problems then, for your own benefit, it would save us all a lot of time if you would kindly post your configuration report when you ask for help from this forum. If you do not post your configuration report we will not ask you for it but you will probably not get your problem solved, either.

K 2.0 support will cease on 31 August 2013 and this section of the forum will be closed and archived after that time and no further questions will be answered about this version.

Question Global moderator problem

More
11 years 4 months ago - 11 years 4 months ago #1 by mindriot
Hi folks, hoping someone can assist.

We have an area of the forum that is strictly limited to administrator and super administrator kuena levels, posting and reply permissions are also only selected correspondingly..

We have just appointed a global moderator in kunena, is moderator = yes and selected as global moderator in the category tree, joomla permission level = manager.

No matter how I set permissions, the global moderator continues to be able to see, and post in the area supposedly limited in visibility to administrators and super administrators.

Double checked all permissions etc.

Any help greatly appreciated.

This message contains confidential information

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Legacy mode: Disabled | Joomla! SEF: Enabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Enabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

This message contains confidential information
htaccess: Exists | PHP environment: Max execution time: 1000 seconds | Max execution memory: 96M | Max file upload: 32M

Kunena menu details:

Warning: Spoiler!

Joomla default template details : gk_gamebox | author: GavickPro | version: 2.7 | creationdate: 24 Feb 2012

Kunena default template details : SD-Aphotic 2.0 | author: SnilloC Designs | version: 2.0 | creationdate: 2012-06-28

Kunena version detailed: Kunena 2.0.3 | 2012-11-24 [ Reconciliation ]
| Kunena detailed configuration:

| Kunena integration settings:
| Joomla! detailed language files installed:

Third-party components: Jomsocial 2.6.0

Third-party SEF components: sh404sef 3.5.0.1295

Plugins: Search - Kunena Search 2.0.2 | JomSocial - My Kunena Forum Menu 2.0.2 | JomSocial - My Kunena Forum Posts 2.0.2

Modules: None

Last edit: 11 years 4 months ago by mindriot.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 4 months ago - 11 years 4 months ago #2 by sozzled
As a suggestion, have a look at Simple forum setup instructions which sets out some basic information about how to choose appropriate category permissions so that people whom you do not want to be able to access certain categories will not be able to do this.

There is one possible difficulty involving global moderators that I have not personally checked out. Perhaps someone else may correct me if the information I am about to give you is incorrect.

As we all know, global moderators have additional forum privileges to other users. For example, they can post in locked categories and split/merge or move topics from one category to another. As far as I know, global moderators can only do these things for those categories that they have access to. In other words, consider the possible scenario:

Category A: Global moderators can view all topics in it.
Category B: Global moderators cannot view any topics in it.

What if a global moderator posts a message in "A" and then tries to move the topic to "B"? As far as I know, the global moderator should not even see "B" displayed on the list of possible categories that they can choose from.

Thus we need to return to main issue:

mindriot wrote

Double checked all permissions etc.

The whole issue comes down to this. What are the actual category permissions that you are using on the category from which you want to deny your global moderator(s) access? A screenshot of the Permissions tab for that category will help answer this question.

Other factors, not to be eliminated, are the interaction of sh404SEF, the third-party Kunena template that you are using or caching latency/delay factors. I doubt that these are involved but they still should be considered in the overall context of the problem. Perhaps the global moderator has been added to an ACL group that has similar access rights as your administrators. These, too, are things that you may want to check again.

The best way to investigate the matter is to start with the Kunena Category Manager and let's see the what your category permission settings reveal. ;)
Last edit: 11 years 4 months ago by sozzled.

More
11 years 4 months ago #3 by Matias
It is not so much on what global moderators can do and what they cannot do, it's how they are defined.

Global moderator acts just like Kunena administrator -- except that global moderators do not have rights to do any backend actions.

Time to create page: 0.640 seconds