Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

If you are having problems then, for your own benefit, it would save us all a lot of time if you would kindly post your configuration report when you ask for help from this forum. If you do not post your configuration report we will not ask you for it but you will probably not get your problem solved, either.

K 2.0 support will cease on 31 August 2013 and this section of the forum will be closed and archived after that time and no further questions will be answered about this version.

Question Add File Not Working

More
11 years 4 months ago #1 by rwoonacott
I have a website www.mypitblind.com and what is going on is that we updated the forum not long ago, and ever since then we cannot Add A File to the forum its self. YOu can click on it, and you can pick a photo out but once you pick the photo you cannot see the upload at all, it is like if you click on the whole box it comes up with a image to pick.

Any ideas?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 4 months ago - 11 years 4 months ago #2 by sozzled
Replied by sozzled on topic Add File Not Working
I'm not quite sure that I understand what you mean by "it is like if you click on the whole box it comes up with a image to pick". Is it possible for you to show us a picture of what happens, please?

I could not find Kunena installed on your website.
Last edit: 11 years 4 months ago by sozzled.

More
11 years 4 months ago #3 by Mortti
Replied by Mortti on topic Add File Not Working

sozzled wrote: I could not find Kunena installed on your website.

That "Randy's Club House" menu link goes to Kunena when browser is loaded about week :)
Chrome tool give couple error in there screencast.com/t/tRehVOAcSm

More
11 years 4 months ago #4 by sozzled
Mystery solved. Thanks, Mortti.

Yes, I now see where the link on the site is supposed to go to the Kunena forum but it takes an interminable age before the link actually responds. There looks to be something a little amiss with routing on your site - a lot of extraneous "activity", perhaps - that results in the message at the foot of the page stating "Time to create page: 180.021 seconds" 3 minutes to generate a web page? That's unheard of!

Performance issues are one thing (and they may or may not be involved) but it may help to address those mattes by seeing your configuration report. I still think it would be a good idea if we could see a picture of "it is like if you click on the whole box it comes up with a image to pick". Thanks

More
11 years 4 months ago #5 by rwoonacott
Replied by rwoonacott on topic Add File Not Working

sozzled wrote: Mystery solved. Thanks, Mortti.

Yes, I now see where the link on the site is supposed to go to the Kunena forum but it takes an interminable age before the link actually responds. There looks to be something a little amiss with routing on your site - a lot of extraneous "activity", perhaps - that results in the message at the foot of the page stating "Time to create page: 180.021 seconds" 3 minutes to generate a web page? That's unheard of!

Performance issues are one thing (and they may or may not be involved) but it may help to address those mattes by seeing your configuration report. I still think it would be a good idea if we could see a picture of "it is like if you click on the whole box it comes up with a image to pick". Thanks

HOPE THIS HELPS!!

This message contains confidential information

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Legacy mode: Disabled | Joomla! SEF: Disabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Disabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

This message contains confidential information
htaccess: Exists | PHP environment: Max execution time: 30 seconds | Max execution memory: 512M | Max file upload: 300M

Kunena menu details:

Warning: Spoiler!

Joomla default template details : rt_crystalline_j15 | author: RocketTheme, LLC | version: 1.5.7 | creationdate: August 19, 2010

Kunena default template details : Crimea | author: Kunena Team | version: 1.6.0 | creationdate: 2010-07-04

Kunena version detailed: Kunena 2.0.3 | 2012-11-24 [ Reconciliation ]
| Kunena detailed configuration:

| Kunena integration settings:
| Joomla! detailed language files installed:

Third-party components: Jomsocial 2.6.2

Third-party SEF components: None

Plugins: None

Modules: None

More
11 years 4 months ago #6 by sozzled
Templates designed for very old versions of Kunena will cause problems and you are advised not to use them (or, at least, check for a solution with the people who designed those things). Did you read about this in the release notes when you upgraded to K 2.0.3?

Your Joomla menu has conflicting menu items that will redirect in ways that may not be resolved. The more easy solution is to rebuild your Kunena menu (use the standard menu that comes with Kunena) and check to see if this solves your current problem first. Then, if that works, you can change the menu later - checking, of course, that you don't "break" anything.

Why have you enabled the Kunena - Community Builder plugin?

Time to create page: 0.586 seconds