Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

If you are having problems then, for your own benefit, it would save us all a lot of time if you would kindly post your configuration report when you ask for help from this forum. If you do not post your configuration report we will not ask you for it but you will probably not get your problem solved, either.

K 2.0 support will cease on 31 August 2013 and this section of the forum will be closed and archived after that time and no further questions will be answered about this version.

Solved Website hacked... how do i do a mass deletion of all their posts?

More
11 years 4 months ago #1 by joopyjoops
So looks like some freak has got onto my forum and posted hundreds of spam messages.

Is there a way of deleting them all on mass?

mainlymanly.com.au/

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 4 months ago #2 by rich
Go in "Backend > Kunena Forum > User Manager" and select the checkbox from this user. Afterwards click above on the symbol "Trash all Messages".
The following user(s) said Thank You: joopyjoops

More
11 years 4 months ago #3 by joopyjoops
Thank you!

However, stupidly i deleted the user as soon as i saw what they did (don't know why i didn't just block them), so now they are completely gone. Yet the messages remain.

Is there any way to restore them in Community Builder?

More
11 years 4 months ago #4 by rich
Have you deleted the user? This is not good. Restore deleted users is not possible.
Now, you must delete these posts manually. :(

More
11 years 4 months ago #5 by joopyjoops
Bugger. Right, time to delete manually then!

More
11 years 4 months ago - 11 years 4 months ago #6 by rich
I have a idea.
They have more spam than regular messages in "Recent Topics".
Delete all topics who have spam (see Image).
Then go in the "Backend > Kunena Forum > Trashmanger".
Search posts by username (spamuser) and delete these permanent. Afterwards restore the topics again.

Previously please create a backup of the database.

Attachments:
Last edit: 11 years 4 months ago by rich.

More
11 years 4 months ago - 11 years 4 months ago #7 by sozzled
As a [post-apocalyptic] comment on this episode, in the event that only one particular user has managed to infiltrate a forum and has posted several messages that you and your community object to, there is a much easier way to remove the user and their messages with four mouse-clicks.

We always use this technique at K.org.

As a global moderator or as a site administrator, go to the offending user's Kunena user profile. If you are using Community Builder for your user profiles then you cannot do this quite so easily from the frontend but, if you are using Kunena user profiles then it's a single mouse-click on the offender's avatar/username link and you're already there.

On the user's Kunena profile:
  1. Select the New Ban tab.
  2. Select Ban From = Site.
  3. Check the box Delete all posts.
  4. Press the New Ban button at the bottom of the page.

If you want to add more information as an explanation of why you banned the user, that's entirely up to you. Selecting the items as I have listed them above are the basic things that you need to do to get rid of troublemakers and the rubbish they leave littered behind on your site.

However ... if you delete users then you will have more trouble than Flash Gordon trying to extricate yourself from the mess this leaves. We do not delete users. Banning users is much more effective. Banning users stops these people returning and registering themselves with the same username they'd used before; and more! Banning is good!
Last edit: 11 years 4 months ago by sozzled.

Time to create page: 0.392 seconds