Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

If you are having problems then, for your own benefit, it would save us all a lot of time if you would kindly post your configuration report when you ask for help from this forum. If you do not post your configuration report we will not ask you for it but you will probably not get your problem solved, either.

K 2.0 support will cease on 31 August 2013 and this section of the forum will be closed and archived after that time and no further questions will be answered about this version.

Question I would like URL links in forum announcements to open in the same tab

More
11 years 4 months ago #1 by puniksem
Hi, I have a small question about creating links in announcements on my forum, to-date when I create a bbcode URL in an announcement it insists on opening the link in a new tab, however I am linking to an internal page within the forum and would like to keep the opening page in the same tab, is this possible.

I thank you in advance for any help or suggestions offered.

We are what we repeatedly do - excellence, therefore, is not an act but a habit.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 4 months ago #2 by sozzled
G'day, puniksem, and welcome to Kunena.

I do not know, specifically, what you need to change because I haven't made the effort to search every file in Kunena to find where "anchor" links are generated. My suggestion is to search the PHP source code until you find the class that is responsible for these things or wait patiently until someone (who has much better knowledge than me) can give you the exact location and the specific change that you will need to make. You could be in for a long wait.

Your question is not easy to answer and, however you find a solution, you will have to re-apply the same custom change every time that you upgrade Kunena. The issue for you, therefore, is how much do you really want to do this and does it justify the cost?

More
11 years 4 months ago #3 by puniksem
Thanks for the reply, I am willing to navigate the vast amount of code to find the answer, however a friendly resourceful coder would be allot more time saving. It is an annoying issue that forces the entire website to open in a new window every time a URL is clicked upon in an announcement within the forum.

We are what we repeatedly do - excellence, therefore, is not an act but a habit.

Time to create page: 0.339 seconds