Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

If you are having problems then, for your own benefit, it would save us all a lot of time if you would kindly post your configuration report when you ask for help from this forum. If you do not post your configuration report we will not ask you for it but you will probably not get your problem solved, either.

K 2.0 support will cease on 31 August 2013 and this section of the forum will be closed and archived after that time and no further questions will be answered about this version.

Question Edit time VS Grace time

More
11 years 5 months ago #1 by tinny
Hi, what is the difference between edit time and grace time?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 5 months ago - 11 years 5 months ago #2 by sozzled
Replied by sozzled on topic Edit time VS Grace time
"Edit time" means the amount of time from the time when a message is created until a time when you, as a user, cannot edit/change a message on your forum. "Edit time" does not apply to forum moderators who can edit/ change anyone's messages indefinitely. For example, if you specify a value of 10 minutes, this means you have 10 minutes from when you post your message before the contents can no longer be changed by you. In other words, you missed your opportuni to make changes before your post will live "forever", as you see it now.

"Grace time" means the amount of time you have from when you first start editing a message before you press the Submit button. For example, if you specify a value of 10 minutes, this means you have 10 minutes to complete making any change because (after that time) pressing the Submit button will then not effect those changes. In other words, you took "too long" to write what it was you wanted to write.

I hope this helps.
Last edit: 11 years 5 months ago by sozzled.

More
11 years 5 months ago - 11 years 5 months ago #3 by tinny
Replied by tinny on topic Edit time VS Grace time
A lot, thanks!

Just a little doubt: will the edit time win over the grace time?
Example: edit time 10 minutes, I edit, and I take 20 minutes for editing. Grace time is 30 minutes. Edit time passed, will my edits be saved?
Last edit: 11 years 5 months ago by tinny.

More
11 years 5 months ago - 11 years 5 months ago #4 by sozzled
Replied by sozzled on topic Edit time VS Grace time
Your guess is as good as mine (because I've never experimented with these things) and we would probably learn more from your testing than from what listening to me repeat to you a piece of folklore/legend/mythology that someone told me years ago. :lol:

I may even have the terms confused but, again, these situations have never troubled me before. In most Kunena forums that I'm involved with on a day-to-day basis I am either a forum moderator or someone who's not been hampered by an Edit button that disappears over time or because I've taken too long to correct a mistake I made in something I contributed.
Last edit: 11 years 5 months ago by sozzled.

Time to create page: 0.539 seconds