Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

If you are having problems then, for your own benefit, it would save us all a lot of time if you would kindly post your configuration report when you ask for help from this forum. If you do not post your configuration report we will not ask you for it but you will probably not get your problem solved, either.

K 2.0 support will cease on 31 August 2013 and this section of the forum will be closed and archived after that time and no further questions will be answered about this version.

Question K 2.0 URLs

More
11 years 6 months ago #1 by joseorozcozuluaga
K 2.0 URLs was created by joseorozcozuluaga
Dear Developers, Thanks! for your job

I have upgrade Kunena on a live site, from 1.7.2 to 2.0.2 in a Joomla 2.5.6 website.
It's a greek site
Before doing it I verified a lot of things about the new versión.
But, but, one thing I' have not checked are the URLs generated by the new version. Rather I verified but I didn't realise that the new version convert the topic name to lowercase. It was a big mistake.

I'm not an expert, and may be with latin character there are no differences. But now, Google are removing all my olds kunenas urls where there were capital letters from their index.

I have try to make a redirect 301 with joomla redirect manager or with htaccess and it was impossible. I have follow all possibles tips without success.
Rewrite mode is working well. May be the fact of using greeks url are a problem for using redirects. I don't know.

What can I do? Can I patch Kunena to construct the ursl like before?

Thank you for any help

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 6 months ago #2 by sozzled
Replied by sozzled on topic K 2.0 URLs
I don't know, either, why things are not working as you would like them to work on your site. I would suggest that, in the first instance, you use the standard Joomla SEO approach (see Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) in the Wiki) with a "vanilla-flavoured" .htaccess file.

If this does not work, please post your Joomla SEO settings information and it may also help to see how you've defined your Kunena menu. Your configuration report contains the information about how you've defined your forum menu items.

More
11 years 5 months ago - 11 years 5 months ago #3 by joseorozcozuluaga
Replied by joseorozcozuluaga on topic K 2.0 URLs
Hej, because I 've changed a little the htaccess of the production environment I tested what you said in a test environment. I downloaded de last htaccess.txt from Joomla 2.5 and I used it in my test environment.
Then I tried to make a redirect 301 of one of my urls (may be you will not see it well because the greek characters), converting the capital letters of the topic to small letters.

This is the old url : www.fenjoc.cu.cc/managaiaj25/forum/16-Υγ...πεία-μύκητες-Candida

This is the new one : www.fenjoc.cu.cc/managaiaj25/forum/16-Υγ...πεία-μύκητες-candida

I tried (using URL Encoding) :

redirect 301 /forum/16-%CE%A5%CE%B3%CE%B5%CE%AF%CE%B1-%CE%98%CE%B5%CF%81%CE%B1%CF%80%CE%B5%CE%AF%CE%B1-%CE%BA%CE%B1%CE%B9-%CE%91%CF%85%CF%84%CE%BF%CE%AF%CE%B1%CF%83%CE%B7/45-%CE%A6%CF%85%CF%83%CE%B9%CE%BA%CE%B7-%CE%B8%CE%B5%CF%81%CE%B1%CF%80%CE%B5%CE%AF%CE%B1-%CE%BC%CF%8D%CE%BA%CE%B7%CF%84%CE%B5%CF%82-Candida www.fenjoc.cu.cc/managaiaj25/forum/16-%C...%CE%B5%CF%82-candida

It doesn't work.

This is the Report Configuration Settings:

This message contains confidential information

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Legacy mode: Disabled | Joomla! SEF: Enabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Enabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

This message contains confidential information
htaccess: Exists | PHP environment: Max execution time: 30 seconds | Max execution memory: 64M | Max file upload: 85M

Kunena menu details:

Warning: Spoiler!

Joomla default template details : ja_community_plus | author: JoomlArt.com | version: 2.5.1 | creationdate: 20 June 2012

Kunena default template details : Blue Eagle (default) | author: Kunena Team | version: 1.7.2 | creationdate: 2012-01-31

Kunena version detailed: Kunena 2.0.2 | 2012-09-02 [ Botschafter ]
| Kunena detailed configuration:

| Kunena integration settings:
| Joomla! detailed language files installed:

Third-party components: UddeIM 2.8

Third-party SEF components: None

Plugins: None

Modules: None

Here is the htaccess file:

Thank you a lot
Last edit: 11 years 5 months ago by sozzled. Reason: Use spoiler tags to conserve screen space

More
11 years 5 months ago #4 by joseorozcozuluaga
Has information been insufficient to receive some help?

More
11 years 5 months ago #5 by sozzled
Replied by sozzled on topic K 2.0 URLs
We have not tested your issue using your customised .htaccess file. Perhaps there is another member of the community who has done this and may be able to offer you assistance.

I do not know, in what way specifically, how "converting" URLs or topic names into lower [Latin] case may affect the way that web pages are treated by search engines like Google. These kinds of matters are not within my technical knowledge. Perhaps someone else has some knowledge that may assist you. I, personally, do not have that knowledge, sorry.

More
11 years 5 months ago #6 by joseorozcozuluaga
Thanks. Anywhere now is too late. Google have removed all my old urs and I've lost the page ranking of them.

I have another question related with K 2- urls.

Why I'm getting two differents urls for every page of a multipage topic ? One with the keywords "limit" and "start" and other one with only the keyword "start"

Here you can see an example:

/forum/24-Τοκετός/52-φυσιολογικοσ-τοκετοσ-μετα-απο-καισαρικη-vbac?limit=30&start=990
/forum/24-Τοκετός/52-φυσιολογικοσ-τοκετοσ-μετα-απο-καισαρικη-vbac?start=990

Thank you

Time to create page: 1.770 seconds