Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

If you are having problems then, for your own benefit, it would save us all a lot of time if you would kindly post your configuration report when you ask for help from this forum. If you do not post your configuration report we will not ask you for it but you will probably not get your problem solved, either.

K 2.0 support will cease on 31 August 2013 and this section of the forum will be closed and archived after that time and no further questions will be answered about this version.

Question One user reports Remember Me issue

More
11 years 6 months ago #1 by Timothy Nathan
We have one user who has had ongoing remember me issues, which we cannot resolve:

I think there is an issue here. I can't get "remembered" with Safari on my Mac and have been testing for a while before posting

Have checked security settings, and have the following observations:

• PPL/IR Europe remembers me with Safari on my iPad and with Chrome on a Win7 PC
  • I am sometimes remembered for a short period with Safari on a Mac desktop, but never for long, and sometimes never at all
  • There are dozens of sites that remember me with Safari on that same Mac desktop

Could still be my settings, but I suspect something isn't right at the server end for the combination of Safari/desktop Mac

Can anyone suggest where we might look next?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 6 months ago - 11 years 6 months ago #2 by sozzled
I am not remembered in Safari on my iPad, either, for most things. I don't really know a lot about Safari. Perhaps there is a configuration option in Safari that keeps this kind of information. Safari for iPad works differently; just about everything on an iPad works differently! :lol:

What do the guys from Apple have to say?

If this is a problem affecting all users on your site then I would be suggesting something quite different. The "remember me" feature is tied in with Joomla/Kunena session management. As this seems to be more of a problem affecting Safari, I don't know what else I can suggest. Have other members of the Kunena community encountered similar issues and do they have suggestions/ways to deal with this? :unsure:

Are we discussing K 2.0.2 on J! 2.5.7 or are we discussing something else?
Last edit: 11 years 6 months ago by sozzled.

More
11 years 6 months ago #3 by Timothy Nathan
2.0.1 on 2.5.6

More
11 years 6 months ago - 11 years 6 months ago #4 by sozzled
Check the release notes for K 2.0.2 : there was a fix for a "remember me" issue. I don't know if this addresses the issue but we recommend that you upgrade ASAP and it would not be a bad idea to consider upgrading K! 2.5.7 also.
Last edit: 11 years 6 months ago by sozzled.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Timothy Nathan

Time to create page: 0.506 seconds