Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

If you are having problems then, for your own benefit, it would save us all a lot of time if you would kindly post your configuration report when you ask for help from this forum. If you do not post your configuration report we will not ask you for it but you will probably not get your problem solved, either.

K 2.0 support will cease on 31 August 2013 and this section of the forum will be closed and archived after that time and no further questions will be answered about this version.

Question Inserting a YouTube video = blank screen

More
11 years 5 months ago - 11 years 5 months ago #1 by aboss3
It seems that after upgrading to Kunena 2, inserting youtube videos is no longer possible. I've tried using the BB code, new code with parameters inside, using the Insert Video button, still doesn't work. Is there a work around?

I just tried on this forum, and it worked. Not sure what needs to be changed.
Last edit: 11 years 5 months ago by aboss3.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 5 months ago - 11 years 5 months ago #2 by sozzled
There is an important note that people should always read before they post messages in the Kunena 2.0 Support (reporting defects) category. The notice reads as follows

Please Read This First:

Please read the guides posted as sticky topics in this category. For a quicker response, please give as much information to help us understand the problem (see How To Ask Questions The Smart Way and What information should I include when I ask for help (including how to post my configuration report)? ).

This category is for:

• Kunena 2.0 product-related issues only; and
  • when your Kunena forum does not work for you in the same way as it does here at this website.

Do not use this category for:
  • requests to add or remove the standard features of Kunena;
  • questions commonly asked or "how to" in nature (see the FAQs menu tab above);
  • support with other Kunena versions than the latest stable release; or
  • general Joomla or website administration matters

If the feature works when you try it on this website then you need to ask yourself what is different about your website. How have you configured your site differently from a standard Joomla configuration? This website (and the Kunena forum here) uses a standard configuration with almost no changes made to the configuration values set when you first install Kunena. Therefore, when people have problems the best advice we can offer is to go back to the basics and set everything back to the way things were when things were first installed. This is sometimes called the " When all else fails, try this " approach.

If, after using the " When all else fails, try this " approach you still find that things do not work (and you can see that things work at www.kunena.org ) the cause may be due to the environment provided on your hosted web space (and the solution may be to discuss the issue with your webhosting provider or to seek a different webhosting provider). If, after you've done all that you can in trying to resolve webhosting issues, you still cannot get Kunena to work, it may be the case where you find that Kunena simply cannot meet your needs and you need to look for an alternative forum solution.

My suggestion is to set your configuration back to the original default settings, and (if that does not work) post your configuration report here as recommended in the notice that I mentioned earlier in my reply.

"Blank screen" issues usually mean that there's something wrong with your Joomla environment and the cause of the blank screen may become clearer if you enable Joomla debug mode.

I hope some of this helps.
Last edit: 11 years 5 months ago by sozzled.
The following user(s) said Thank You: aboss3

More
11 years 5 months ago #3 by aboss3
Here are my configuration settings, as everything was working with v1.7:

This message contains confidential information

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Legacy mode: Disabled | Joomla! SEF: Enabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Enabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

htaccess: Exists | PHP environment: Max execution time: 36000 seconds | Max execution memory: 512M | Max file upload: 200M

Kunena menu details:

Warning: Spoiler!

Joomla default template details : gk_boutique | author: GavickPro | version: 2.8.1 | creationdate: 14 Apr 2012

Kunena default template details : Blue Eagle (default) | author: Kunena Team | version: 1.7.2 | creationdate: 2012-01-31

Kunena version detailed: Kunena 2.0.2 | 2012-09-02 [ Botschafter ]
| Kunena detailed configuration:

| Kunena integration settings:
| Joomla! detailed language files installed:

Third-party components: CommunityBuilder 1.8.1

Third-party SEF components: None

Plugins: Content - Kunena Discuss 2.0.2

Modules: None

More
11 years 5 months ago #4 by sozzled
  1. Disable the following plugins (because you do not have the software installed): Kunena - Jomsocial; Kunena - uddeIM; Kunena - AlphaUserPoints
  2. You have conflicts in your Joomla menu; use the standard Kunena menu. Only use the integration plugin settings that you need and that you have the necessary software installed to work with those things.
  3. Try the K 2.0 Blue Eagle template to see if that improves the situation.
  4. Enable Joomla debug mode to see if you get any error messages that help you to analyse the cause of the "blank screen" problem.

More
11 years 5 months ago #5 by aboss3
Thank you so much! I followed your suggestions, but still unable to resolve things. Here's how my configuration looks now:

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Legacy mode: Disabled | Joomla! SEF: Enabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Enabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

htaccess: Exists | PHP environment: Max execution time: 36000 seconds | Max execution memory: 512M | Max file upload: 200M

Kunena menu details:

Joomla default template details : gk_boutique | author: GavickPro | version: 2.8.1 | creationdate: 14 Apr 2012

Kunena default template details : Blue Eagle 2.0 | author: Kunena Team | version: 2.0.2 | creationdate: 2012-09-02

Kunena version detailed: Kunena 2.0.2 | 2012-09-02 [ Botschafter ]
| Kunena detailed configuration:

| Kunena integration settings:
| Joomla! detailed language files installed:

Third-party components: CommunityBuilder 1.8.1

Third-party SEF components: None

Plugins: Content - Kunena Discuss 2.0.2

Modules: None

More
11 years 5 months ago - 11 years 5 months ago #6 by sozzled
Let's try to get back to the basics:
  1. You have not enabled Joomla debug mode - at least, not when I just visited your website.
  2. You have CB PM enabled. Do you have the "CB PMS" installed?
  3. You have CB activity enabled. Do you have the "CB activity" feature installed?
  4. You have CB access control enabled and you have Joomla access control enabled - both of them - for Kunena. Choose one.
  5. You have CB avatars enabled for Kunena and you have set the Kunena - Kunena plugin to use Kunena avatars. Choose one.
  6. You have CB user profiles enabled for Kunena and you have set Kunena - Kunena plugin to use Kunena user profiles. Choose one.
  7. You have CB login enabled for Kunena and you have set Kunena - Joomla plugin to use Joomla for login. Choose one.
  8. You have conflicts in your Joomla menu items for Kunena. Fix the menu - follow the video guide to delete your menu and restore the standard Kunena menu.
Last edit: 11 years 5 months ago by sozzled.

More
11 years 5 months ago #7 by aboss3
Thanks for your help! I'll try that!

Time to create page: 0.545 seconds