Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

If you are having problems then, for your own benefit, it would save us all a lot of time if you would kindly post your configuration report when you ask for help from this forum. If you do not post your configuration report we will not ask you for it but you will probably not get your problem solved, either.

K 2.0 support will cease on 31 August 2013 and this section of the forum will be closed and archived after that time and no further questions will be answered about this version.

Merged Shape 5 CSS and JS Compressor cannot be used with Kunena

More
11 years 6 months ago - 11 years 6 months ago #1 by xpatman
I hope this in the right place

The template looks a real mess with a large gap next to the posters and the edge when the recent topics is chosen, any ideas.

This message contains confidential information

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Legacy mode: Disabled | Joomla! SEF: Enabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Enabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

This message contains confidential information
htaccess: Exists | PHP environment: Max execution time: 30 seconds | Max execution memory: 32M | Max file upload: 30M

Kunena menu details:

Warning: Spoiler!

Joomla default template details : yoububble | author: Youjoomla LLC | version: 1.0 | creationdate: 02-18-2012

Kunena default template details : Blue Eagle 2.0 | author: Kunena Team | version: 2.0.2 | creationdate: 2012-09-02

Kunena version detailed: Kunena 2.0.2 | 2012-09-02 [ Botschafter ]
| Kunena detailed configuration:

| Kunena integration settings:
| Joomla! detailed language files installed:

Third-party components: AlphaUserPoints 1.7.4 | CommunityBuilder 1.8.1 | UddeIM 2.8

Third-party SEF components: None

Plugins: None

Modules: Kunena Latest 2.0.2 | Kunena Stats 2.0.2 | Kunena Search 2.0.2

Attachments:
Last edit: 11 years 6 months ago by xpatman.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 6 months ago #2 by sozzled
This is clearly a case of My Joomla site template makes a mess of Kunena . You need to discuss this issue with the person/people where you obtained your Joomla site template.

More
11 years 6 months ago #3 by emgame74
We have changed template provider from Rockettheme to Shape5.

Now it seems the Kunena Forum will not function.

As super user and the site offline, we get following message already at the front page with css/js compression activated:

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare class aCssRulesetStartToken in /var/www/vhosts/escnorge.net/httpdocs/administrator/components/com_kunena/libraries/external/cssmin/cssmin.php on line 69

The "last comment" module is installed at frontpage.

Not allowed? You're welcome!

More
11 years 6 months ago - 11 years 6 months ago #4 by sozzled
I am not sure if I properly understand what you mean by "with CSS/JS compression activated". How do you do this (or what facility are you using that does this)? What happens if you deactivate this "setting"?

We know that not all Joomla templates work with Kunena - see My Joomla site template makes a mess of Kunena - but it's also not the Kunena Project team's responsibility to fix these problems either. In the first instance I would suggest that you go to Shape5 and ask them what they know about your template and K 2.0.
Last edit: 11 years 6 months ago by sozzled.

More
11 years 6 months ago #5 by xpatman
You need to discuss this issue with the person/people where you obtained your Joomla site template.
It is the kunena Blue Eagle 2.0

Just to let you know that is was a conflict with 'Shape 5 CSS and JS Compressor" plug in which now has been turned off.

Cheers

More
11 years 6 months ago #6 by kiwi3685
Xpatman, I think you misunderstood sozzled's comment. He said "... where you obtained your Joomla site template."

Kunena Blue Eagle 2.0 is NOT a Joomla template.

Joomla templates, and other modules often contaminate Kunena displays. Gad you found your problem, though I'm sure it would have been possible to love it without completely removing those plugins.

More
11 years 6 months ago #7 by emgame74
Well, Shape5 sent me to you.... :huh:

I attach a screenshot from the template manager.

If we turned it off, there is no problem.

Attachments:

More
11 years 6 months ago #8 by xpatman
Hi
I understand that developers can not check that their components are suitable to run on every template, but what bugged me was the fact that I had paid for a forum template 'Darky Green 1.6' from pizcar.in and now I will have to find another plate as the standard Blue Eagle 2.0 is so boring.

And looking around so far ALL templates cost $5+, maybe then the Kunena is updated some thought should go in to other templates, or a warning that other templates will not work

Cheers
James

More
11 years 6 months ago #9 by TKtemp
Hi,
try to run Kunena with option "Enable Debug Mode" set to "Yes"

More
11 years 6 months ago #10 by emgame74
Thank you, @TKemp.

At the forum frontpage, we got this debug message:

Fatal Error was detected!

Fatal Error: Cannot redeclare class aCssRulesetStartToken in templates/modern_flavor/vertex/compression/class_css_and_js_compression.php on line 457

The error was detected in the Modern Flavor Template.

That means, back to Shape5 :huh:

Time to create page: 0.589 seconds