Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

If you are having problems then, for your own benefit, it would save us all a lot of time if you would kindly post your configuration report when you ask for help from this forum. If you do not post your configuration report we will not ask you for it but you will probably not get your problem solved, either.

K 2.0 support will cease on 31 August 2013 and this section of the forum will be closed and archived after that time and no further questions will be answered about this version.

Question Attachments not uploading

More
11 years 6 months ago #1 by dougmcneill
Every time I try to upload an attachment to my newly-configured forum, I get the follwoing message:

Notice •Failed to upload file '': File was not uploaded.
Message •Your message has been successfully posted

Not really sure what's mis-configured here, so any assistance would be greatly appreciated. I've been poking around in my settings all day without any luck.

This message contains confidential information

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Legacy mode: Disabled | Joomla! SEF: Enabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Enabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

htaccess: Exists | PHP environment: Max execution time: 30 seconds | Max execution memory: 128M | Max file upload: 10M

Kunena menu details:

Warning: Spoiler!

Joomla default template details : js_wright | author: Joomlashack | version: 3.0.8 | creationdate: August 2012

Kunena default template details : Blue Eagle 2.0 | author: Kunena Team | version: 2.0.2 | creationdate: 2012-09-02

Kunena version detailed: Kunena 2.0.2 | 2012-09-02 [ Botschafter ]
| Kunena detailed configuration:

| Kunena integration settings:
| Joomla! detailed language files installed:

Third-party components: CommunityBuilder 1.8.1 | UddeIM 2.8

Third-party SEF components: None

Plugins: None

Modules: None

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 6 months ago - 11 years 6 months ago #2 by sozzled
Replied by sozzled on topic Attachments not uploading
G'day, Doug, and welcome to Kunena.

We get this question a lot; there are many topics in the forum that relate to this issue.

In your case, the first thing that I would do is decide whether you want Community Builder or Joomla to control access. You have set the "access" option to "yes" for both CB and Joomla; choose one or the other.

There are many reasons why people cannot upload attachments. It could be a permissions issue, a file size issue, attachment format issue or something else.

What is the format of the file that you want to attach? Your configuration settings show that you can attach files of the following types: txt,rtf,pdf,zip,tar.gz,tgz,tar.bz2

Do you allow these file type to be uploaded in your Global Configuration settings?
Last edit: 11 years 6 months ago by sozzled.
The following user(s) said Thank You: dougmcneill

More
11 years 6 months ago #3 by dougmcneill
Thanks for the reply, Sozzled.

sozzled wrote: In your case, the first thing that I would do is decide whether you want Community Builder or Joomla to control access. You have set the "access" option to "yes" for both CB and Joomla; choose one or the other.

Sorry - I'm still a bit new to Joomla, Community Builder, and Kunena, so I'm not all that familiar with the settings, and I'm not seeing anything in my configuration options that resemble an "access=yes" setting, as you mention above - any chance you could direct me to the specific setting you're referring to? I certainly realize that neither of these products are Kunena or yours to support, but I'd sure appreciate a quick nudge in the right direction.

sozzled wrote: What is the format of the file that you want to attach? Your configuration settings show that you can attach files of the following types: txt,rtf,pdf,zip,tar.gz,tgz,tar.bz2

I tried uploading an image (.png format) and a .txt file in my testing.

sozzled wrote: Do you allow these file type to be uploaded in your Global Configuration settings?

Are you referring to the Joomla global configuration settings? Where is this setting found within that menu? I'm also not seeing a similar option.

More
11 years 6 months ago - 11 years 6 months ago #4 by sozzled
These are your Kunena integration settings (extracted from your configuration report earlier):

Kunena - AlphaUserPoints Disabled
Kunena - Community Builder Enabled: access=1 login=1 activity=1 avatar=1 profile=1 private=1
Kunena - Gravatar Disabled
Kunena - JomSocial Disabled
Kunena - Joomla Enabled: access=1 login=1
Kunena - Kunena Enabled: avatar=0 profile=0
Kunena - UddeIM Enabled: private=1

I have highlighted in different colours the three areas that seem (to me) to conflict.

When I referred to Global Configuration settings, yes, I meant the Joomla Global Configuration settings.

As I mentioned in my previous posting, there are many reasons why images or other attachments fail to upload. Have you looked in the other reasons (e.g. folder/file permissions, the size of the file you wish to upload or the physical dimensions of the image you want to upload)?
Last edit: 11 years 6 months ago by sozzled.

More
11 years 5 months ago #5 by dougmcneill

Legacy mode: Disabled | Joomla! SEF: Enabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Enabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

htaccess: Exists | PHP environment: Max execution time: 30 seconds | Max execution memory: 128M | Max file upload: 10M

Kunena menu details:

Joomla default template details : js_wright | author: Joomlashack | version: 3.0.8 | creationdate: August 2012

Kunena default template details : Blue Eagle 2.0 | author: Kunena Team | version: 2.0.2 | creationdate: 2012-09-02

Third-party components: CommunityBuilder 1.8.1 | UddeIM 2.8

Plugins: None

Modules: None

Well, I left Joomla access on and turned CommunityBuilder access off. My file permissions *appear* to be correct, unless there are some kunena-specific permissions I'm unaware of/haven't found (I can upload files from the administrative backend, for instance). Max post size is 8M, and max uploadable file size is 10M for the site. The images I was attempting to upload were well within the defined limits (and I pushed them out, just to be sure), and the txt file I tried was also tiny...still getting the same result.

Any other suggestions?

More
11 years 5 months ago #6 by sozzled
The reasons why attachments do not upload (and there are dozens of them) are:
  • Something in your PHP .ini file prevents uploads
  • Somehow there's a Javascript library conflict that prevents the open/save dialog from appearing
  • You do not allow certain MIME types in Joomla/Kunena
  • The files you're trying to upload are too big
  • Your Ubuntu webserver folder permissions are wrong
  • You have ACL conflicts
  • The person trying to upload a file has not logged-in to your site
  • You have an issue with your Joomla menu
  • Badly/wrongly installed Kunena.

Those are the common reasons. Sometimes your hosted environment just won't plain work and that's when you should look at the When all else fails, try this approach. If Kunena does not work, straight away (literally "out of the box") then I would not waste too much more time. I would try things on a differently hosted environment, just to make sure.

One in every 1000 websites have these kinds of issues. Most of the time it's because people have changed something.

The first place I would look is your folder/file permissions. If you have all folders set with the same permissions (and all files in all folders set with the same permissions as one another) according to the Joomla recommended guidelines, then this would be a good starting point. See Securing Kunena
The following user(s) said Thank You: pequeno74

More
11 years 5 months ago - 11 years 5 months ago #7 by pequeno74
Replied by pequeno74 on topic Attachments not uploading

sozzled wrote: The reasons why attachments do not upload (and there are dozens of them) are:

• Something in your PHP .ini file prevents uploads
  • Somehow there's a Javascript library conflict that prevents the open/save dialog from appearing
  • You do not allow certain MIME types in Joomla/Kunena
  • The files you're trying to upload are too big
  • Your Ubuntu webserver folder permissions are wrong
  • You have ACL conflicts
  • The person trying to upload a file has not logged-in to your site
  • You have an issue with your Joomla menu
  • Badly/wrongly installed Kunena.

Those are the common reasons. Sometimes your hosted environment just won't plain work and that's when you should look at the When all else fails, try this approach. If Kunena does not work, straight away (literally "out of the box") then I would not waste too much more time. I would try things on a differently hosted environment, just to make sure.

One in every 1000 websites have these kinds of issues. Most of the time it's because people have changed something.

The first place I would look is your folder/file permissions. If you have all folders set with the same permissions (and all files in all folders set with the same permissions as one another) according to the Joomla recommended guidelines, then this would be a good starting point. See Securing Kunena

Hello sozzled, I checked all this and much more and I have a problem. The attachment is up but this is very rare. I explain it.

In kunena.org add file works fine:
1.- Select add file. I push "Add File" and appears the windows for select de file.
2. I select de File.
3. I push Accept and appears this:

4.- I push Submit and the attachment file is uploaded.

In my website. Add File works very rare.
1.- Select add file. I push "Add File" and appears the windows for select de file.
2. I select de File.
3. I push Accept and appears this:

Nothing . No "Remove file" button, "Insert" button but...
4. I Submit the message and THE ATTACHMENT IS UPLOAD.

Other informatión.
When I put the cursor over the field of Add File, apperas this (yellow square):

This square don´t show in Kunena.org forum

I tested:
Other templates.
Plugins.
kunena css files.
and all your recomendations...

Joomla 2.5.7
Kunena 2.0.2

This is my report

Legacy mode: Disabled | Joomla! SEF: Enabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Enabled | FTP layer: Enabled |

htaccess: Exists | PHP environment: Max execution time: 60 seconds | Max execution memory: 256M | Max file upload: 128M

Kunena menu details:

Joomla default template details : yoo_revista | author: YOOtheme | version: 1.0.4 | creationdate: July 2012

Kunena default template details : Blue Eagle (default) | author: Kunena Team | version: 1.7.2 | creationdate: 2012-01-31

Third-party components: Jomsocial 2.6.2

Plugins: JomSocial - My Kunena Forum Posts 2.0.2

Modules: Kunena Latest 2.0.2

Attachments:
Last edit: 11 years 5 months ago by pequeno74.

More
11 years 5 months ago #8 by pequeno74
Can anyone help me? Nobody else happens this problem?

More
11 years 4 months ago #9 by pequeno74
Hello, I have new information.
I created a new website in other domain. I created a clean installation of joomla and kunena. All works fine, with components. languages packs, plugins and templates. No problem. The attachments works fine.
I migrate the old site (with the upload problem) kunena database an then... the problem persist. It is curious that in the new site the problem appears only when migrating kunena DB. I'm a little confused

More
11 years 4 months ago #10 by sozzled

pequeno74 wrote: Can anyone help me? Nobody else happens this problem?

As you have now written, this problem seems to be localised only to you. It would appear that there's a problem with your database. I do not know what that problem could be. If this is something that is worth solving then it may be useful to obtain the professional skills of a database expert and pay them to sort out the problem. I don't have any other advice. Perhaps someone else can help.

If you are "a little confused" I would ask you to consider our position. We're just as confused as you are why this only seems to be affecting you.

You could try running the two diagnostic tools and report the results here. The tools are:
  1. Diagnostic tool ; and
  2. Database schema tool
I don't know how to interpret those results but, perhaps, one of the developers can assist you.
The following user(s) said Thank You: pequeno74

Time to create page: 0.565 seconds