Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

If you are having problems then, for your own benefit, it would save us all a lot of time if you would kindly post your configuration report when you ask for help from this forum. If you do not post your configuration report we will not ask you for it but you will probably not get your problem solved, either.

K 2.0 support will cease on 31 August 2013 and this section of the forum will be closed and archived after that time and no further questions will be answered about this version.

Question Kunena module positions

More
11 years 7 months ago #1 by kiwi3685
Just a couple of general questions about using module positions.

1. I note the wiki says that kunena_topic_n " puts an add after (n)umbers of topics in a section" It appears that is literally correct, whereas I had assumed (hoped?) it would really mean "puts an add after EACH (n)umbers of topics in a section" Is this correct, or is there a way to get the module to repeat after every (n) topics? (Same question applies to kunena_msg_n).

2. I would like the same banner to appear in the topic lists AND the message lists (i.e. both kunena_topic_n and kunena_msg_n). Is there any way to achieve this other than by having two copies of the same banner?
The following user(s) said Thank You: b00ker

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 3 months ago - 11 years 3 months ago #2 by b00ker
Replied by b00ker on topic Kunena module positions

kiwi3685 wrote: Just a couple of general questions about using module positions.
I would like the same banner to appear in the topic lists AND the message lists (i.e. both kunena_topic_n and kunena_msg_n). Is there any way to achieve this other than by having two copies of the same banner?

thats important question!
Last edit: 11 years 3 months ago by b00ker.

More
11 years 3 months ago #3 by sozzled
Replied by sozzled on topic Kunena module positions
G'day, b00ker, and welcome to Kunena.

Banner ads, themselves, are not specifically issues relating to Kunena but are more related to methods used to display them in Joomla. Most banner ads are displayed with a Joomla "banner ad display" module. As you probably know, you can assign a module to be displayed in a specific module position. If you want to display the module in several different module positions, you need to create several instances of that module.

You do not need several instances of the advertisement image. You need several instances of the module that is used to display the same image in more than one module position on your Joomla website.

Time to create page: 0.495 seconds