Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

If you are having problems then, for your own benefit, it would save us all a lot of time if you would kindly post your configuration report when you ask for help from this forum. If you do not post your configuration report we will not ask you for it but you will probably not get your problem solved, either.

K 2.0 support will cease on 31 August 2013 and this section of the forum will be closed and archived after that time and no further questions will be answered about this version.

Question K 2.0: Original topic icon replaced when topic is locked

More
11 years 7 months ago #1 by qwerty12
Why when i lock one thread the icon i choose is replaced by different icon with the lock.
Can't I keep my topic icon with a lock on it?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 7 months ago - 11 years 7 months ago #2 by sozzled
Thank you for a very good question! :)

The short answer is that when you lock a topic one of the following two images replaces the original topic icon: or

That's just the way it works. You can change it - but do not ask me how - if you want to roll up your sleeves and get clever modifying the PHP code.

During the development of K 2.0 we considered many ideas about how we could improve the topic icons that have remained, almost unchanged, since the project began 4 years ago. It was our intention to improve the topic icons in several ways that had never been done before and to improve the overall cosmetic look of the forum.

Ideally we had hoped that, when K 2.0 was released publicly, topic icons would operate in a "smarter" way than before. We did not really want to completely replace the original topic icon (in the way that we're discussing your question) but there was not enough time to improve things in another way. We think that the final result is an improvement on previous versions of Kunena although we acknowledge that it's not perfect.

One of our plans is to leave the original topic icon unchanged and simply overlay a "padlock" image. There are other possible uses for various topic "flags" too and here is a selection of some of our ideas:

As I mentioned earlier, we did not have enough time to implement these ideas before releasing K 2.0. This is something that we would like to change in the next major release if we have time to do it.
Last edit: 11 years 7 months ago by sozzled.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.502 seconds