Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

If you are having problems then, for your own benefit, it would save us all a lot of time if you would kindly post your configuration report when you ask for help from this forum. If you do not post your configuration report we will not ask you for it but you will probably not get your problem solved, either.

K 2.0 support will cease on 31 August 2013 and this section of the forum will be closed and archived after that time and no further questions will be answered about this version.

Question The Kunena template CSS files are not "human-friendly" - they are too hard too read

More
11 years 8 months ago #1 by Patrick91
Hallo,

I'm very happy with this kunena component for joomla because it works really awesome! But for the CSS files it is a disaster everything is set on 1 single line!????? Is there a way to get it displayed under each other for editting.

This is my reqeust also.

I think there is nothing else to say because it rocks really bad :lol:

Regards,
Patrick

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 8 months ago #2 by sozzled
Please read the article Minified CSS which explains why files like kunena.forum-min.css are formatted the way that they are. ;)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Patrick91

More
11 years 8 months ago - 11 years 8 months ago #3 by Patrick91
Thanks ook i understand why it is like it is. Is there a tool to convert is to not min and so on convert also back to min?
Last edit: 11 years 8 months ago by Patrick91.

More
11 years 8 months ago #4 by sozzled
There are two forms of CSS contained in the source code. There is the minified CSS form (e.g. kunena.forum-min.css) and the non-minified CSS forum (e.g. kunena.forum.css). The article Minified CSS explains that the minified CSS file is typically used when you run Kunena; the article also explains that you can run Kunena using the non-minified files instead (by using Kunena "debug mode"). The article explains how you can convert from a non-minified (i.e. "human-readable" form of CSS) into a minified form of CSS.

Most of the time, however, it is totally unnecessary to modify any of the original Kunena template CSS files. In fact, if you modify any Kunena files then you have to modify them again every time you upgrade Kunena. This is why I continually recommend that, for simple CSS style changes, people should read How do I change the colours of my template in Kunena?
The following user(s) said Thank You: Patrick91

More
11 years 8 months ago - 11 years 8 months ago #5 by Patrick91

sozzled wrote: Most of the time, however, it is totally unnecessary to modify any of the original Kunena template CSS files. In fact, if you modify any Kunena files then you have to modify them again every time you upgrade Kunena. This is why I continually recommend that, for simple CSS style changes, people should read How do I change the colours of my template in Kunena?

I'm awere of that i loss all of my modifications. But i edited core files etc etc. So i will not update any time soon with that particular website/forum!

Thanks for all your help.

Regards,
Patick
Last edit: 11 years 8 months ago by Patrick91.

More
11 years 8 months ago #6 by sozzled

Patrick91 wrote: I'm aware of that I [will lose] of my modifications. But I edited core files etc etc. So i will not update any time soon with that particular website/forum!

As long as you are aware that you have painted yourself into a corner that you will have trouble getting yourself out of, you should should also understand that every new version of Kunena contains dozens of fixes that you will never be able to use because you cannot upgrade. This is the whole reason why we strongly advise people to never modify the original Kunena core software; this is the whole reason why we strongly advise people to make their own customised changes away from the areas where Kunena replaces files as part of component software upgrades. Good luck. :)

Time to create page: 0.588 seconds