Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

If you are having problems then, for your own benefit, it would save us all a lot of time if you would kindly post your configuration report when you ask for help from this forum. If you do not post your configuration report we will not ask you for it but you will probably not get your problem solved, either.

K 2.0 support will cease on 31 August 2013 and this section of the forum will be closed and archived after that time and no further questions will be answered about this version.

Question When I purge categories my members' post count is decreased; can I change this behaviour?

More
11 years 8 months ago #1 by blueram
Hi

But im new on here and need a bit off help and cant seem to be able to PM a Mod or admin user

i am using Kunena 2.0.1 and a setting has changed

when i use to post a post in ant topic on the front end my posts total count would go up and then if it got deleted the total count would not go down?

Now a few off my mods are on very low post counts as a prune was done but this has seem to happy now even if it gets deleted on the front end by my self

how could i change this back to the way it was so that when they are deleted that the total post count would not go down?

Also is there a way i can add me posts on to my mods total?

Would be great to hear back from someone as i really need to get this sorted

thank you

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 8 months ago - 11 years 8 months ago #2 by sozzled

blueram wrote: im new on here and need a bit off help and cant seem to be able to PM a Mod or admin user

I have answered this question before. For the benefit of other people reading this topic, the answer is in Can Moderators Ban People . There is also another point that I feel we should make. This is a community-driven, self-help forum. We do not answer questions relating to problem-solving by PM (even if we had a PM feature).

blueram wrote: i am using Kunena 2.0.1 and a setting has changed

You can restore your Kunena configuration settings back to their original default values. Have you tried to do this?

blueram wrote: a prune was done

I understand that you mean Forum Tools » Prune Categories

Once you delete topics from your forum, they're gone. Members' post counts should also be adjusted to reflect the decreased count of messages as a result of permanently deleting old posts from the database.

blueram wrote: how could i change this ... so that when [posts] are deleted that the total post count would not go down?

For the reason I have just mentioned, you cannot. The post count is calculated on the basis of the messages posted by a member of your forum. If you delete their messages, the count is automatically adjusted as a result. That's the way it works.

blueram wrote: Also is there a way i can add me posts on to my mods total?

I don't know. It depends on how important this is to you. Perhaps someone may have an idea on what you can do. I'm sorry, I don't know the answer to that question.
Last edit: 11 years 8 months ago by sozzled.

More
11 years 7 months ago #3 by blueram
Thank you

As for the post going down once the comment was deleted this was never the case only start happing now

can anyone kelp me

More
11 years 5 months ago #4 by blueram

More
11 years 5 months ago #5 by blueram
I should note also this does not only happen when a purge is done it is anytime a post is deleted

This was not always the case and started not that long ago

Sean

More
11 years 5 months ago #6 by sozzled
I suggest that, in the first instance, you upgrade to K 2.0.2.

More
11 years 5 months ago #7 by blueram
Hi just seen the update there can you tell me what this will change befor i do it

Also would this solve my issues

Sean

More
11 years 5 months ago #8 by sozzled
K 2.0.1 is no longer supported. We do not answer questions about unsupported versions of Kunena on this forum.

I do not know if the current supported version (K 2.0.2) fixes your particular problem. You may also like to search GitHub to see if there is a known issue relating to your particular problem.

As I wrote earlier, it seems to me that if you purge topics then the post count of your members will correspondingly go down too. Perhaps a better way to preserve the post counts is to not purge topics but, instead, move them to a different section/category and not publish that category. ;)

More
11 years 5 months ago #9 by anne785
Its better you can upgrade to new kunenea version.

More
11 years 5 months ago #10 by blueram
Are you saying when i do upgrade the issue is gone?

Sean

Time to create page: 0.596 seconds