Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

If you are having problems then, for your own benefit, it would save us all a lot of time if you would kindly post your configuration report when you ask for help from this forum. If you do not post your configuration report we will not ask you for it but you will probably not get your problem solved, either.

K 2.0 support will cease on 31 August 2013 and this section of the forum will be closed and archived after that time and no further questions will be answered about this version.

Question kunena mobile devices

More
11 years 7 months ago #1 by ALVARORRS
Hi I wonder if there is any way of adapting my forum so kunena offered free of charge for mobile devices, I've only found one web extensions to prepare your forum kunena kunena mobile mobile called but its price of 40 € I can not afford it , do you think make a version with support for mobile? Is there any extension worth?
thank you very much

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 7 months ago #2 by sozzled
Replied by sozzled on topic kunena mobile devices
G'day, ALVARORRS, and welcome to Kunena.

You've asked a very good question and, I hope, I will try to give you the best possible answer that I can. We completely understand the situation that you are in! :)

We are all in different situations where we cannot afford the things we would like to have to be able to operate our forums for the benefit of all our members. Even here, it costs more than 40 € every month just to operate this website and, if it were not for the generosity of certain members of the community who generously donate their money to maintain the operation of this site, you would not be able to ask your question here.

For all of us who cannot afford a one-time cost to purchase something that we like - whether it's for our benefit or for someone else - we have choices. If we cannot afford something then we have to work to find the money somehow. I do not know your current circumstances, ALVARORRS, or the circumstances of the people who are members of your web-based community, but one way that you can obtain 40 € is to ask for donations from other members of your community. We, too, ask for donations at this website.

There are always costs associated with developing a website. The current, free version of Kunena does not have mobile-dedicated template but there are a number of commercially available ones that you can choose if you wish. The Kunena project has no plans for a free mobile-dedicated template.

More
11 years 7 months ago #3 by Alder
Replied by Alder on topic kunena mobile devices
Hi there is one free option, as I stumbled on www.mobilemews.com they have a mobile template, plus one for K2.0 I use it for mine the desktop version uses Blue eagle 2 and it detects if coming from a mobile and displays the mobile version. Oh, and it's free

More
11 years 7 months ago - 11 years 7 months ago #4 by MarkBoy81
Replied by MarkBoy81 on topic kunena mobile devices
This article says that, in the next Joomla version, the templating mechanism should include mobile platforms.
To my understanding, it depends on the Bootstrap technology; as this other article states that the next Kunena template (Mirage) is based on Bootstrap as well, I might conclude that next version of Kunena could support mobile platforms too.

I'm very interested in this point, please do correct me whether my understandings/conclusions are wrong. :)
Last edit: 11 years 7 months ago by MarkBoy81.

More
11 years 7 months ago #5 by sozzled
Replied by sozzled on topic kunena mobile devices
Your assumptions are reasonable. :)

Time to create page: 0.366 seconds