Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

If you are having problems then, for your own benefit, it would save us all a lot of time if you would kindly post your configuration report when you ask for help from this forum. If you do not post your configuration report we will not ask you for it but you will probably not get your problem solved, either.

K 2.0 support will cease on 31 August 2013 and this section of the forum will be closed and archived after that time and no further questions will be answered about this version.

Question Load kunena in article?

More
11 years 8 months ago #1 by parasilica
I want to embed the whole forum in an article so it can be sized and scrolled my forums are too long for my layout.

Is there a module for this or way to do this? Ive accomplished it via scaling the entire container before, but that wont work site wide with this sites layout

Searched but found no info, thanks for any help!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 8 months ago #2 by Mike-XS
Replied by Mike-XS on topic Load kunena in article?
That sounds insane to me :D, but maybe you'll find a plugin here that will help.
extensions.joomla.org/extensions/core-en...tion/embed-a-include

Surely modifying the forum css would be a better idea to have kunena fit in with the rest of your site..

More
11 years 8 months ago - 11 years 8 months ago #3 by parasilica
Replied by parasilica on topic Load kunena in article?
I thought so too, but I tried editing the css files: kunena.forum kunena.rtl kunena.default with the lines relative to #kunena i used in firebug, and i cannot get it to update. Is there a specific one i should be editing for the default blue eagle template?

EDIT:

Got it to work, had to add the code to the joomla css, nothing in the kunena css does anything apparantly...
Last edit: 11 years 8 months ago by parasilica.

More
11 years 8 months ago - 11 years 8 months ago #4 by Mike-XS
Replied by Mike-XS on topic Load kunena in article?
Glad to hear you got it working.

On my Kunena test site, the (minimised) CSS files are loaded by default :

/components/com_kunena/template/blue_eagle/css/kunena.forum-min.css
/components/com_kunena/template/blue_eagle/css/kunena.default-min.css
/components/com_kunena/template/blue_eagle/css/kunena.20-min.css

So you need to make sure you're editing the right css files. Right click + view source on the forum index page is a good way to find out what files are loading in your browser.

--

Instead of editing the default template though you could create a new template, and do all edits to that new template, to keep the default template preserved.

You can copy over the template.xml from blue eagle template to a new folder, and edit it. Give it a new unique template name ( same name as the template folder ) and fill in your details. Add the files you want to edit with the same directory / file structure as Blue Eagle.

If you havent seen it yet, here's a very good page to read about Kunena 2.0 templates, with more details about the file structure and insight on how things work :

docs.kunena.org/index.php/Updating_exist...plates_to_Kunena_2.0

Kunena will try to load any files that you don't have from the default template. So you can make customisations to your new template and any files that you don't have, will be be loaded from the default tempate.
Last edit: 11 years 8 months ago by Mike-XS.

Time to create page: 0.659 seconds