Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

If you are having problems then, for your own benefit, it would save us all a lot of time if you would kindly post your configuration report when you ask for help from this forum. If you do not post your configuration report we will not ask you for it but you will probably not get your problem solved, either.

K 2.0 support will cease on 31 August 2013 and this section of the forum will be closed and archived after that time and no further questions will be answered about this version.

Question Cannot add new users

More
11 years 8 months ago - 11 years 8 months ago #1 by Chris-Austin
I cannot figure out how to add new users to Kunena 2.0.1

1) In the front end, nothing happens when I click on the Register button (see attachment), and I cannot see an option in the back end that prevents users from registering.

2) In the back end it seems that I cannot add users via the User Manager, but have to do it through the standard Joonla Users tab. Is this what you expect?

Thanks in advance ...

PS, in the attached image the email addresses are disguised and are not consistent with one another ... in the real test they were both the same.
Attachments:
Last edit: 11 years 8 months ago by Chris-Austin. Reason: Add not about email addresses

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 8 months ago #2 by Chris-Austin
Replied by Chris-Austin on topic Cannot add new users
Oops, sorry. It seems that a three letter password is not OK. I followed your advice about trying everything out on a vanilla flavoured site, and there the password was highlighted in red if it was too short, but this was not the case on my site to which I had retrofitted Kunena.

OK, so it works, BUT. This is a complete pain, because I have a lot invested in creating my site. And even if I were to recreate it starting with Kunena it makes me think that every time I add a component I have to go and check every feature in Kunena to make sure that it works. How complex is that?? Surely there is a better option somewhere? Please? Please?

More
11 years 8 months ago - 11 years 8 months ago #3 by Jiminimonka
Replied by Jiminimonka on topic Cannot add new users
If you are having issues with registration, that is not a Kunena issue, since Kunena uses the default Joomla registration process. Perhaps you should be looking at your Joomla configuration and also pay a visit to the Joomla forums.

Before you post anymore topics, please post your Kunena Configuration report.

Please read the FAQ.
Only one question per topic.
Search before you ask a question.
Last edit: 11 years 8 months ago by Jiminimonka.

Time to create page: 0.398 seconds