Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

If you are having problems then, for your own benefit, it would save us all a lot of time if you would kindly post your configuration report when you ask for help from this forum. If you do not post your configuration report we will not ask you for it but you will probably not get your problem solved, either.

K 2.0 support will cease on 31 August 2013 and this section of the forum will be closed and archived after that time and no further questions will be answered about this version.

Question Latest Discussion Topics - User Groups Vs Access Levels

More
11 years 9 months ago #1 by mcmoody
I want to have four user groups on a website with four separate "forums" on Kunena. So each user group can only see their own forum. I figured out how to limit each main forum to a separate group. But what about the LATEST DISCUSSION module? That seems to show the latest from ALL forums to any one. Which means people who are restricted from see some threads will see them in the LATEST DISCUSSION module even though they can't access the forum.

So 1) Do I have to apply access levels to the module via Joomla's Core access level capability and give each user a separate Access Level and User Group when I register them to control this?

2) Does this mean that any one can actually see all the threads IF they are linked to it? They just can't see them by default? So they aren't actually restricted?

Martha

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 9 months ago #2 by mcmoody
I just realized I can also limit forums to ACCESS levels... which would solve my LATEST DISCUSSION MODULE problem because I just also limit those modules by access level and keep it tidy. What is the purpose of Groups vs Access Levels in Joomla? Is there a short, sweet answer? :P

Martha

More
11 years 9 months ago #3 by coder4life
User Groups were mostly used for Joomla 1.5 implementation of access control. We recommend using Access Levels for new Joomla 2.5 and upgraded Joomla 2.5 installations. If you are still using User Groups we suggest moving to Access Levels.

Time to create page: 1.385 seconds