Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

If you are having problems then, for your own benefit, it would save us all a lot of time if you would kindly post your configuration report when you ask for help from this forum. If you do not post your configuration report we will not ask you for it but you will probably not get your problem solved, either.

K 2.0 support will cease on 31 August 2013 and this section of the forum will be closed and archived after that time and no further questions will be answered about this version.

Merged K 2.0: How to make and edit announcements

More
11 years 9 months ago #1 by freedomcoach
After upgrading to K2.0, I'm finding that the edit bar for announcements that allows you to edit or create new announcements, is missing. Is there a setting for this in config? Please advise.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 9 months ago - 11 years 9 months ago #2 by sozzled
Forum announcements are handled a little differently in K 2.0. Number 23 on my list of the top 10 most-important changes I need to write for the Wiki, about how to use K 2.0, is "How to manage forum announcements in K 2.0".

I admit, it took me about 10 minutes to figure it out on my own, here, at www.kunena.org (and I wasn't too happy about the changes, either) but I figured it out on my own nonetheless. I expect to get to number 23 on the list of things to write, sometime around Christmas this year ... :lol:

I'm sorry, Howard. I'm not trying to play a cruel joke on you, but

(a) would it be possible to post your K 2.0 configuration report when you post topics in the support category;
(b) can you post a picture of what you see at the top of the page of your forum; and
(c) can you post a picture of what you see when you press the "Announcements" link at the top of the page of your forum, please?

There are settings in the Kunena configuration table, as you should know, that define who (a comma-separated list of Joomla user-ids) are able to edit/create/delete forum announcements. Your configuration report will give us this information.
Last edit: 11 years 9 months ago by sozzled.

More
11 years 9 months ago #3 by freedomcoach
Here are my configuration settings:

This message contains confidential information

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Legacy mode: Disabled | Joomla! SEF: Enabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Disabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

This message contains confidential information
htaccess: Exists | PHP environment: Max execution time: 300 seconds | Max execution memory: 160M | Max file upload: 40M

Kunena menu details:

Warning: Spoiler!

Joomla default template details : btc2012 | author: Illiana Technology | version: 1.0 | creationdate: 2012-03-29

Kunena default template details : Blue Eagle (default) | author: Kunena Team | version: 1.7.2 | creationdate: 2012-01-31

Kunena version detailled: Kunena 2.0.0 | 2012-06-27 [ Diplomatia ]
| Kunena detailled configuration:

| Joomla! detailled language files installed:

Third-party components: CommunityBuilder 1.8.1 | UddeIM 2.8

Third-party SEF components: None

Plugins: None

Modules: None

More
11 years 9 months ago #4 by freedomcoach
Here's a screenshot of the top section of my forum:

Attachments:

More
11 years 9 months ago #5 by freedomcoach
When clicking on the title of the most recent announcement, here is the page that appears:

Attachments:

More
11 years 9 months ago #6 by sozzled
See your image updated by me:

Can you explain what, specifically, is broken? As I mentioned in my earlier reply to you, the new arrangement was not immediately obvious to me (the first time that I saw it either), but I persevered until I discovered that the answer was right there before my very eyes.
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: freedomcoach

More
11 years 8 months ago #7 by Chris-Austin
I think I must be stupid :)

To create an announcement, the Wiki syas to
'1) Simply turn on announcements in the Kunena backend ... '

And I cannot see anything in the backend of 2.0.1 that does this.

Please can you guide me?

Thanks

More
11 years 8 months ago - 11 years 8 months ago #8 by rich
Replied by rich on topic Creating an announcement

1) Simply turn on announcements in the Kunena backend and enter the Joomla User-IDs of the moderators or administrators, who are entitled to write announcements

This option is no longer present. All Admins and global moderators can create announcements. There is only the option "Show Announcement | Yes or No". Default setting is "Yes".

And in the Kunena frontend, you have a control panel for the management of the announcements.

Attachments:
Last edit: 11 years 8 months ago by rich.

More
11 years 8 months ago #9 by sozzled
Replied by sozzled on topic Creating an announcement
I agree. The article in the Wiki is misleading - it was originally written for K 1.something although there is a small note about K 2.0 - and we need to update it properly. Something I hope to do before Christmas 2014 unless someone else would like to offer their suggestions to rewrite that page.

More
11 years 8 months ago #10 by Chris-Austin
Thanks for that, I was coming to that conclusion, but the problem was that I couldn't create my first announcement in the front end. I am logged in as SuperAdmin and nothing I do seems to bring up anything that lets me create an announcement.

I attach a screenshot of where I am ...

I'd appreciate your advice again!
Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.404 seconds