Blue Eagle 5 v1.6.2 has been Released for Kunena 5.2 (20 Jan 2021)
The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena template Blue Eagle 5 v1.6.2 which is now available for download. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in development.
Blue Eagle 1.6.x requires Kunena 5.2.x to work with
K 2.0 support will cease on 31 August 2013 and this section of the forum will be closed and archived after that time and no further questions will be answered about this version.
Merged Adding new default Topic Icons and Category Icons
I've attached the two files - can you help me rename them to "Travance" (the name of my template), while leaving as much functionality defaulted to Blue Eagle as possible? Really, all I want to do is change the icons to fit the theme of the site.
Thank you, VERY much! From here, I can re-make them into a skeleton template with a name like "CHANGEME" if it will help.
XML Parsing Error at 84:2. Error 7: mismatched tag
When you go into the new template to set parameters, the following error appears in the Parameters area:
Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/psie13b/public_html/kunena/administrator/components/com_kunena/views/templates/tmpl/edit.php on line 67
Forums Config in next post.
Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct
Legacy mode: Disabled | Joomla! SEF: Enabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Enabled | FTP layer: Disabled |
This message contains confidential informationhtaccess: Exists | PHP environment: Max execution time: 30 seconds | Max execution memory: 64M | Max file upload: 16M
Kunena menu details:Warning: Spoiler!
ID Name Alias Menutype Link Path
Joomla default template details : knightrealms | author: Geoffrey Schaller | version: 1.7.0 | creationdate: 12th August 2011
Kunena default template details : Blue Eagle 2.0 | author: Kunena Team | version: 2.0.0 | creationdate: 2012-06-27
Kunena version detailled: Kunena 2.0.0 | 2012-06-27 [ Diplomatia ]
| Kunena detailled configuration:| Joomla! detailled language files installed:Warning: Spoiler!
Joomla! languages installed: en-GB English (United Kingdom)
Third-party components: UddeIM 2.8
Third-party SEF components: None
Plugins: Search - Kunena Search 1.7.1
Modules: Kunena Stats 1.7.1 | Kunena Login 2.0.0-RC1
1) FTP and download a copy of the folder /components/com_kunena/templates/blue_eagle and all of its contents.
2) Assuming you just want to change the icons themselves, and not any functionality or formatting, delete all of the sub-folders *except* "images" and "css".
3) In the "images" folder, delete any files you won't be updating, and replace / update the ones you will. This way, if the default Blue Eagle theme gets better icons, you can use them, without needing to re-ftp them up to your own theme. (It also makes the theme smaller / uses less file space / less redundant.)
4) You need to keep the "css" folder, as references to the local graphics are based off the relative location of the css folder to the images folder. If the css folder / files aren't there, it will default to the Blue Eagle css files, which will point (relatively) to the Blue Eagle icons. (This varies a bit for set to set, but applies to the Folder Icons, which is one of the things I wanted to modify.)
5) Update the file template.php on lines 4 and 12 with your template's name.
6) Update the file template.xml with the appropriate information, making sure not to whack any of the angular brackets < and > by accident. For the most part, you can leave all of the Params alone, and just update the descriptive text at the top. (I did the Avatar sizes as well, but that's for my forums.)
7) Rename the folder from blue_eagle to your theme name, and zip the entire folder (not just the contents inside it!). Add the theme to Kunena using the Template manager.
You may see a handful of the labels on some of the Parameters look funny (i.e. - they will read "COM_KUNENA_TEMPLATE_TOGGLER" instead of "Toggler Color") - these are purely cosmetic, and can be edited in the XML file if you're picky about it.
That should do the trick, letting you have your own template with your own icons, and avoiding them being overwritten when Kunena updates. Once I'm back from my convention and the template gets approved by my client, I'll post the files here as an example of how to modify the template.
- Not Allowed: to create new topic.
- Not Allowed: to reply.
- Not Allowed: to edit your message.