Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

If you are having problems then, for your own benefit, it would save us all a lot of time if you would kindly post your configuration report when you ask for help from this forum. If you do not post your configuration report we will not ask you for it but you will probably not get your problem solved, either.

K 2.0 support will cease on 31 August 2013 and this section of the forum will be closed and archived after that time and no further questions will be answered about this version.

Merged Adding new default Topic Icons and Category Icons

More
11 years 9 months ago - 11 years 9 months ago #11 by GJSchaller
Hrm, I tried, but as I'm trying to get the template to use as much of Blue Eagle as possible, and ONLY use the custom Icons, I'm not sure how much I need to modify, and how much I can point back to Blue Eagle.

I've attached the two files - can you help me rename them to "Travance" (the name of my template), while leaving as much functionality defaulted to Blue Eagle as possible? Really, all I want to do is change the icons to fit the theme of the site.

Thank you, VERY much! From here, I can re-make them into a skeleton template with a name like "CHANGEME" if it will help. :)

Geoffrey Schaller
Technical Officer
Knight Realms
Attachments:
Last edit: 11 years 9 months ago by GJSchaller. Reason: Added ZIP instead of individual files.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 9 months ago #12 by Matias
Only change you need to make is to change this line in template.xml:

protected $default = array('travance');

to point back to blue_eagle. :)

More
11 years 9 months ago #13 by GJSchaller
Hrm, still no dice - I'm still getting the same errors on the back end.

Code:
XML Parsing Error at 84:2. Error 7: mismatched tag

When you go into the new template to set parameters, the following error appears in the Parameters area:

Code:
Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/psie13b/public_html/kunena/administrator/components/com_kunena/views/templates/tmpl/edit.php on line 67

Forums Config in next post.

Geoffrey Schaller
Technical Officer
Knight Realms
Attachments:

More
11 years 9 months ago #14 by GJSchaller
This message contains confidential information

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Legacy mode: Disabled | Joomla! SEF: Enabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Enabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

This message contains confidential information
htaccess: Exists | PHP environment: Max execution time: 30 seconds | Max execution memory: 64M | Max file upload: 16M

Kunena menu details:

Warning: Spoiler!

Joomla default template details : knightrealms | author: Geoffrey Schaller | version: 1.7.0 | creationdate: 12th August 2011

Kunena default template details : Blue Eagle 2.0 | author: Kunena Team | version: 2.0.0 | creationdate: 2012-06-27

Kunena version detailled: Kunena 2.0.0 | 2012-06-27 [ Diplomatia ]
| Kunena detailled configuration:

| Joomla! detailled language files installed:

Third-party components: UddeIM 2.8

Third-party SEF components: None

Plugins: Search - Kunena Search 1.7.1

Modules: Kunena Stats 1.7.1 | Kunena Login 2.0.0-RC1

Geoffrey Schaller
Technical Officer
Knight Realms

More
11 years 9 months ago #15 by Matias
There's issue in your xml file:

<copyright>Knight Realms/copyright>
The following user(s) said Thank You: GJSchaller

More
11 years 9 months ago #16 by GJSchaller
Bah - I deleted a bracket by accident when updating it. Thank you!

I'll play with this a bit and see if I can get the icons to work properly - thank you again!

Geoffrey Schaller
Technical Officer
Knight Realms

More
11 years 9 months ago #17 by Matias
It would be nice to get some basic documentation on how you did it. I would do it for myself, but I don't have the time at this time as I'm trying to fix most of the reported bugs so that we can release K2.0.1 ASAP.

More
11 years 9 months ago #18 by GJSchaller
Once I get it working, will do. I may not have PHP-Fu, but I know how to document!

Geoffrey Schaller
Technical Officer
Knight Realms

More
11 years 9 months ago #19 by Matias
Actually it's better that someone who doesn't know too much on the subject writes the initial documentation. We can always fix where it goes wrong and everyone will learn something new. :p

More
11 years 9 months ago #20 by GJSchaller
I got it working, for the most part - this will be a quick summary, and I'll try to revisit later when I have the chance to expand upon it. (About to leaving for a gaming convention for a week...)

1) FTP and download a copy of the folder /components/com_kunena/templates/blue_eagle and all of its contents.

2) Assuming you just want to change the icons themselves, and not any functionality or formatting, delete all of the sub-folders *except* "images" and "css".

3) In the "images" folder, delete any files you won't be updating, and replace / update the ones you will. This way, if the default Blue Eagle theme gets better icons, you can use them, without needing to re-ftp them up to your own theme. (It also makes the theme smaller / uses less file space / less redundant.)

4) You need to keep the "css" folder, as references to the local graphics are based off the relative location of the css folder to the images folder. If the css folder / files aren't there, it will default to the Blue Eagle css files, which will point (relatively) to the Blue Eagle icons. (This varies a bit for set to set, but applies to the Folder Icons, which is one of the things I wanted to modify.)

5) Update the file template.php on lines 4 and 12 with your template's name.

6) Update the file template.xml with the appropriate information, making sure not to whack any of the angular brackets < and > by accident. :P For the most part, you can leave all of the Params alone, and just update the descriptive text at the top. (I did the Avatar sizes as well, but that's for my forums.)

7) Rename the folder from blue_eagle to your theme name, and zip the entire folder (not just the contents inside it!). Add the theme to Kunena using the Template manager.

You may see a handful of the labels on some of the Parameters look funny (i.e. - they will read "COM_KUNENA_TEMPLATE_TOGGLER" instead of "Toggler Color") - these are purely cosmetic, and can be edited in the XML file if you're picky about it.

That should do the trick, letting you have your own template with your own icons, and avoiding them being overwritten when Kunena updates. Once I'm back from my convention and the template gets approved by my client, I'll post the files here as an example of how to modify the template.

Geoffrey Schaller
Technical Officer
Knight Realms
The following user(s) said Thank You: Matias, sozzled

Time to create page: 0.620 seconds