Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Solved Remove recents posts from user profile

More
10 years 9 months ago #1 by Lucius
Hey guys,

I'm building a site 'bout games. Naturally I wanted a forum on it, so I used Kunena. A fantastic thing if I may say so. There's just 1 tiny thing I want to change, and I don't know how to do it.

So, you can view the profile of a user ofcourse. Also, there's a a box which shows the users recent posts on the forum. Now, I have a section on my forum only for moderators and admins, so normal users can't see it in the forum. However, they can in that box on the profile of a mod or admin. Even worse, they can click on it and then read it.

So, is there a way to remove that 'recent posts' box? Or is there another solution to this?

Thanx!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 9 months ago - 10 years 9 months ago #2 by sozzled
G'day, Lucius, and welcome to Kunena.

Lucius wrote: I have a section on my forum only for moderators and admins, so normal users can't see it in the forum. However, they can in that box on the profile of a mod or admin. Even worse, they can click on it and then read it.

If "normal users" (as you describe them) cannot see messages posted into special categories where you do not allow them to go, then these users should not see messages posted by those other users who can post in those special categories.

This is unusual. I checked things out on this forum here (at www.kunena.org ) where we, too, have categories that are only accessible to our moderators and administrators, and I do not see the same problems here.

My question to you is, how have you defined the permissions on those categories that allow access to only your forum moderators and administrators? In other words, how have you used Joomla ACL groups to "protect" those categories.

We are going to need more information on this.
Last edit: 10 years 9 months ago by sozzled.

More
10 years 9 months ago #3 by Lucius
Thanx for your quick answer! I checked the Joomla ACL groups as you said, and I've checked the permissions again. Apparently I forgot a tiny stupid thing, which I missed like 5 times when I was searching for the solution :p

Thanx for leading me in the right direction, it's solved now ;)

Time to create page: 0.527 seconds