Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Solved Questions on settings for signature fonts, default topic layout, sticky order.

More
10 years 10 months ago - 10 years 10 months ago #1 by nemmar
Hi,

I have Kunena 2.04 and I have a few questions on using it.

1) How can I adjust the profile signature font color and size?

2) What is the "Default topic layout" setting in the Kunena Config > Frontend

The description says "Select which topic layout that will be the default for all users (until they select one themselves)" but I tested out different settings and I can't see any difference. Where are these setting changes reflected?

3) Is there a way to sort the order of the "Sticky" topics that display at the top of a forum category?
The default lists them with newest first and oldest last. I wanted to be able to re-arrange the order if I have multiple Sticky topics.

4) Is there a way to have Sticky topics/posts display in the main category and the sub-categories? Or do I need to create separate Sticky topics in each subcategory?

Thanks for any advice.
Last edit: 10 years 10 months ago by nemmar. Reason: Added question.
The topic has been locked.
More
10 years 10 months ago #2 by sozzled

nemmar wrote: 1) How can I adjust the profile signature font color and size?

Yes. If you use Firebug for Firefox, you can change the font colour and font-size if the signature by adding he appropriate CSS to the end of your Joomla site template. We talk about this in How do I change the colours of my template in Kunena? and there are subjects on these things in the K 2.0 Blue Eagle Templates category. Maybe you should start a separate topic called "How do I change the signature font colour and size?"

nemmar wrote: 2) What is the "Default topic layout" setting in the Kunena Config > Frontend

This means you can have messages in topics listed one after the other (like you see here in this forum), or threaded or indented by default instead of pressing the Threaded or Indented buttons on the bottom of this page.

If this does not answer your question, please start a separate topic for it.

The description says "Select which topic layout that will be the default for all users (until they select one themselves)" but I tested out different settings and I can't see any difference. Where are these setting changes reflected?

nemmar wrote: 3) Is there a way to sort the order of the "Sticky" topics that display at the top of a forum category?
The default lists them with newest first and oldest last. I wanted to be able to re-arrange the order if I have multiple Sticky topics.

We have discussed this before in the forum and I believe that there are other topics that address your question. The short answer is that, no, sticky topics are sorted starting with the topic that was most recently updated to the topic that was updated the oldest. I do not think you can easily change this. However, you can sort topics by modifying the database and setting a different sticky bit value.

If you want to know more about this, please start a separate topic for this question.

nemmar wrote: 4) Is there a way to have Sticky topics/posts display in the main category and the sub-categories? Or do I need to create separate Sticky topics in each subcategory?

There is a way to have any topic appear in different category indexes by creating the topic in one category and then moving the topic to another topic and using the "Leave shadow topic pointing to new location" checkbox.

If you want to know more about this, please start a separate topic for this question.

Normally we ask that people use one topic for each question. I have answered these four questions this time but, in future, we may not be so ready to assist you in this way.

I assume that the information I have given you is all you need. I will therefore mark this topic as solved and close it.
The following user(s) said Thank You: nemmar
The topic has been locked.
Time to create page: 0.352 seconds