Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Solved Why do "animated" GIF images not animate on my forum?

More
11 years 1 month ago - 11 years 1 month ago #1 by skizo
Hello. If i upload a gif image on post, this image have no movement (static as jpeg),however if i put a link image gif, of external host, then this gif have movement. why?
thanks.
Last edit: 11 years 1 month ago by skizo.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 1 month ago - 11 years 1 month ago #2 by sozzled
.GIF images lose their ability to be animated if they are resized dynamically/on-the-fly. If the image is a physically large image, and it is resized smaller then it will no longer animate.

For example if you posted a small image (like the "pointing hand" image in my signature below) then this will not be resized. But if the image is, say, 1000 px x 1000 px, then it will not fit in your forum and it will be resized. If the image is resized, and it was an animated .GIF image, then it will appear on your site as a static/non-animated image.

Does this help?
Last edit: 11 years 1 month ago by sozzled.

More
11 years 1 month ago #3 by skizo
Thanks, I undestand it. but it is odd that image gif to uploading is only 300x170 (there isnt resize), and this image, post by link, that is the same size, if has movement. It is a small image. Anyway is a minor problem. Best regards.

Time to create page: 0.472 seconds