Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Solved Setting up more Category Permissions

More
11 years 1 month ago #1 by xpatman
Hi

I have set up a new user level and viewer access levels, but I want the public to be able to read the forum.

Changing the Category Permissions in the forum config will stop all but the one new level from seeing it, and that includes Google search.

If I set up the new user level to include " Public " I lose the all special access levels

I hope you can follow this

FYI I am using all the latest Kunena 2.0.4 bits and bobs

James

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 1 month ago - 11 years 1 month ago #2 by sozzled
If you want the public to be able to view a category (and that also includes allowing Google search to index the page(s)), then you should make the following changes to the category Permissions:

Access control type = User Groups
Primary User Group = Public
Primary includes Child groups = Yes

If you want to change whether people can create new topics or post replies, choose the appropriate options that are shown on the category Permissions tab. I hope this helps.
Last edit: 11 years 1 month ago by sozzled.

More
11 years 1 month ago #3 by xpatman
Hi sozzled

Thank you

Prefect answer..

B)

Time to create page: 0.324 seconds