Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Solved Alerts and notifications when users reply to my topics

More
11 years 2 months ago - 10 years 11 months ago #1 by pilyo
is there a feature here that you will receive alert/notifications on the forum when someone replied with your post or with your replies like on Facebook; not the one sent in your email.
Last edit: 10 years 11 months ago by sozzled. Reason: Minor change of subject

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 2 months ago #2 by TKtemp
Hi,

this feature doesn't exist in Kunena.
The following user(s) said Thank You: pilyo

More
10 years 11 months ago #3 by pilyo
Do we already have this feature now? It will be a big help for my members because they dont need to read every new post to know if there's someone replied to their post. not the topic they started.

More
10 years 11 months ago - 10 years 11 months ago #4 by sozzled
As mentioned before, there is not a "Facebook-like" alerting mechanism for Kunena. There are, however, other ways that members do your community can use your forum to find out the latest happenings without having to read ever message on your forum. Here are a few suggestions:
  • The Kunena Latest module can be used to display, on your site home page, a selection of the most recently updated topics on your forum
  • Members can subscribe to topics or to categories to receive email messages whenever any topics are updated with a reply
  • When you login, you have the My Topics view which shows you all the topics that you have contributed to. When there is a topic in the My Topics view that has been updated (and you haven't read the update) you will see a NEW indicator to highlight the topics you may be interested in looking at.
  • If you want another way of seeing those topics you started and/or made a contribution to, there is also the little "flag" icon that appears next to the topic name.

I realise that these ideas are not exactly the answers to what you may have been searching for but that's about the best I have to offer you. I hope it helps.
Last edit: 10 years 11 months ago by sozzled.

More
10 years 11 months ago #5 by pilyo
thank you. You have answered my question. I think the best way is check "my topics" i think its like the notifications of facebook but in Kunena way. Im mentioning facebook here so it will be easier for me to describe what i need. I understand that its not like facebook. Im also fed up everytime my members ask for some features like what facebook have:)

Time to create page: 0.586 seconds