Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Solved Can an administrator edit another user's profile?

More
11 years 5 months ago - 11 years 5 months ago #1 by anfieldred
can anyone tell me if there is a default setting in the backend of kunena that ensures the eidt button shows up on the front end of user profiles?

I can edit my own profile (button shows up) but I cannot edit any other users?

This is driving me mad!!

Thanks..
Last edit: 11 years 5 months ago by sozzled. Reason: Change subject to improve search relevance

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 5 months ago #2 by sozzled
I am sure we have answered this question before many times - if not for K 2.0 but certainly in relation tot earlier versions of Kunena. The administrator cannot change another user's profile. An administrator can delete profile data but cannot change it to something else. Only the user can change their personal information.
The following user(s) said Thank You: anfieldred

More
11 years 5 months ago #3 by anfieldred

sozzled wrote: I am sure we have answered this question before many times - if not for K 2.0 but certainly in relation tot earlier versions of Kunena. The administrator cannot change another user's profile. An administrator can delete profile data but cannot change it to something else. Only the user can change their personal information.

Ok, thank you! That has saved me a lof of time. I was under the impression the administrator could edit the user profiles, such as personal text etc.. So after all that, I was looking for an "edit" button, where there never was one.

Time to create page: 0.375 seconds