Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Solved Some posts are only visible in SQL database

More
11 years 7 months ago #1 by Maszek
I am running a Kunena Forum on a website with just a little traffic. I recently migrated to 2.0.2. Sometimes the forum is visited by spambots, which is not a very big deal because I remove them when I moderate the posts.
I thought that the front end was showing me all the posts, but when I checked my SQL database recently for explicit language, I found out that some spam-posts are still in the database and not visible in the front end. (Kinda makes one wonder what valid posts are not shown in the front end either.)

Does anyone else experience this problem? How can I make everything posted visible in the front end?

Needless to say that I am looking for a magic button!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 7 months ago #2 by sozzled
I studied this question for several minutes and I have to admit total defeat in trying to find an answer for it. Without actually knowing anything about these messages that exist in the database (but are "invisible" on the forum), I'm guessing that they're deleted messages. Without spending any time going into phpMyAdmin, you will probably find (in the table kunena_messages) a column called "deleted" that has a boolean value (0 or 1). This is a wild stab-in-the-dark.

However, as I have offered on previous occasions, I am available (at normal consultants' rates) to investigate this if you see it as a problem for you. ;)

More
11 years 7 months ago #3 by Maszek
As you read in our other thread , I found a way to remove obsolete entries from the SQL database in MyPHP admin.

Only message text entries are deleted via the front end via moderation, if I remember well (it was late when I finished last night).
Apart from getting rid of the surplus of posts, I deleted 6,000+ (spam) users, 6,000+ user topics, messages etc. I got rid of some 300 kB of useless data. Quite amazing what superfluous data Kunena stores in its database!

Funny: I also found a table of previously installed Kunena versions. Between v1.5.9. and v.2.0.2 I went through 7 versions! I decided to keep that table. It's a piece of my webmaster's history.

Time to create page: 0.478 seconds