Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Solved After menu fix I can no longer log in

More
11 years 7 months ago #1 by DTP2
Last week I followed the movie on Youtube on how to restore the menu after upgrading. Before and after the upgrade to Kunena 2.0.1 with missing menu everything worked fine. I have not installed anything new in the mean time.

After restoring the menu I have problems logging in in Kunena from Chrome, Firefox and Safari. Is there a known issue or is there something I can do to fix this?

The website is www.grafischforum.nl

This message contains confidential information

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Legacy mode: Disabled | Joomla! SEF: Enabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Enabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

htaccess: Exists | PHP environment: Max execution time: 30 seconds | Max execution memory: 128M | Max file upload: 32M

Kunena menu details:

Warning: Spoiler!

Joomla default template details : beez_20 | author: Angie Radtke | version: 2.5.0 | creationdate: 25 November 2009

Kunena default template details : Blue Eagle 2.0 | author: Kunena Team | version: 2.0.1 | creationdate: 2012-07-07

Kunena version detailed: Kunena 2.0.1 | 2012-07-07 [ Balozi ]
| Kunena detailed configuration:

| Kunena integration settings:
| Joomla! detailed language files installed:

Third-party components: UddeIM 2.8

Third-party SEF components: None

Plugins: None

Modules: Kunena Login 1.7.2

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 7 months ago #2 by DTP2
Strange thing is I just got a new user and he was able to log in and post. So I know my user can no longer log in despite my account is active, not banned etc.

More
11 years 7 months ago #3 by sozzled
Please read msg #1 of Before you post your question, read this first . You're using Kunena Login 1.7.2 which is incompatible with K 2.0.1!

More
11 years 7 months ago - 11 years 7 months ago #4 by DTP2
Thanks. Upgraded to the new login plugin but still not working. Please note that I did not upgraded the plugin but only re-published the Kunena menu according to the Youtube movie when it stopped me from loggin in. In the mean time a new visitor registered and placed a new message. It seems just like I can login anymore.

UPDATE: I just asked someone else to login with my details and there it immediately worked. The only thing I can think of now and tested is that I upgraded to OSX Mountain Lion. With the latest Chrome, Safari and Firefox on ML I can no longer login. With an older version Firefox (12) on Mountain Lion I immediately can log in. So it seems like there is something wrong there.

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Legacy mode: Disabled | Joomla! SEF: Enabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Enabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

htaccess: Exists | PHP environment: Max execution time: 30 seconds | Max execution memory: 128M | Max file upload: 32M

Kunena menu details:

Joomla default template details : beez_20 | author: Angie Radtke | version: 2.5.0 | creationdate: 25 November 2009

Kunena default template details : Blue Eagle 2.0 | author: Kunena Team | version: 2.0.1 | creationdate: 2012-07-07

Kunena version detailed: Kunena 2.0.1 | 2012-07-07 [ Balozi ]
| Kunena detailed configuration:

| Kunena integration settings:
| Joomla! detailed language files installed:

Third-party components: UddeIM 2.8

Third-party SEF components: None

Plugins: None

Modules: Kunena Login 2.0.1

Last edit: 11 years 7 months ago by DTP2.

More
11 years 7 months ago #5 by sozzled
Let me see if I correctly understand the problem: everyone on your website can login to your site except for you. Is that correct? :dry:

More
11 years 7 months ago #6 by DTP2
I understand the sarcasm. But my website isn't a very busy one and I expect not a lot of my users (<2000) are on Mountain Lion (little more than a week old).

Again, I just tested this on 2 Macs running Mountain Lion and both running the latest versions of Safari and Chrome. One also has the latest version of Firefox and one has an older version Firefox.

The older version of Firefox logs in without any issues, the new version refuses.

To be extra sure I just checked on an older Macbook running Lion and an older version of Safari and immediately logs in.

I can not say it isn't something I do, but still with all this information I do think it is strange behavior.

More
11 years 7 months ago #7 by sozzled
I wasn't being sarcastic at all. I was making absolutely sure that I understood the problem correctly. Let me put this into perspective for you: if you were to provide me with the details of an account at your website and I tried to login, and my login was successful, what conclusions could I draw from that experience?

If, on the other hand, I was to try to login with your account and, like you, I failed, then I would have to agree with you that there's an issue with your ability to login. We need to identify the specific problem. If there's a problem with your login, what's different about it compared with someone else's login? No sarcasm here; it's all perfectly reasonable problem analysis.

I'm just trying to make sure I know what kind of problem we're dealing with. Is this a Kunena problem, a Joomla problem or a "something else" problem (e.g. the browser). You see, we could be dealing with dozens of possible factors and we need to eliminate all the possibilities until, as Sherlock Holmes said, "whatever is left, no matter how improbable, is the solution".

More
11 years 7 months ago #8 by DTP2
I understand, but sometimes not talking face to face and smileys make it difficult to "read" the way something was intended. But I have a thick skin and even if it was sarcasm I don't mind. You guys deal with enough people and issues in one day.

For that same reason now I'm back from work I started to test things myself to try to help identify if this is something I do wrong or if this is coming from another direction.

Macbook Pro 01 / Mountain Lion

• Before Mountain Lion (and older versions of Safari, Chrome and Firefox) everything worked fine. Also in the configuration I send you first.
  • After update Mountain Lion (Safari 6.x, Firefox 14.0.x and Chrome 21.0.1180.57) it stopped working. Even if I choose another username it jumps back to the first and does not log in.

• Macbook Pro 02 / Mountain Lion

• Before Mountain Lion (and older versions of Safari, Chrome and Firefox) everything worked fine. Also in the configuration I send you first.
  • After update Mountain Lion (Safari 6.x and Chrome 21.0.1180.57) it stopped working. Even if I choose another username it jumps back to the first and does not log in.
  • Firefox on this system is still version 12.x and does work fine with both of my accounts.

• Macbook 03 / Lion

• Safari 5.x, Chrome and Firefox 3.0.x all work fine.

• Working my wat through this and disabling plugins I think solved the situation. I have a plugin installed called EU e-Privacy Directive and is meant to make my website compliant with the European Cookie Law. What I noticed was that on all the browsers showing this problem, the Cookie Warning was not showing. Disabling this immediately made the login form back working. Maybe a login cookie was being blocked? But still this only happens with new browsers and only on the new Mountain Lion.

Again, it seems like the problem wasn't Kunena. Thanks so far and sorry for taking your time.

More
    11 years 7 months ago - 11 years 7 months ago #9 by sozzled
    I, too, noticed the "cookie monster" javascript and I was also considering whether this may have been the culprit. What now has me intrigued in this case if why you are reporting a problem with the Kunena Login module when I cannot find where you have published the Kunena Login module on your site and, therefore, how any of the issues you reported come into play.

If your users login to your site using the forum on the forum (on the site home page) and they never see the Kunena Login module, then you don't even need the Kunena Login module and it will probably be one less headache for you if you uninistall the Kunena Login module. Yes?

The reviews for EU e-Privacy Directive seem quite up-beat and so I don't quite know how to explain how Kunena is involved. The question we need to resolve is whether you're using the Kunena Login module or you're just using the normal login form that appears at the top of the Kunena forum page. That's really the question here. :)
    Last edit: 11 years 7 months ago by sozzled.

More
    11 years 7 months ago #10 by DTP2
    I only use the one on top of my forum so this is the non-Kunena one making this also a non-Kunena issue. First of all, I'm happy this one got solved. Now I think it's time to report the issues I've had to the Cookie Plugins developer.

Time to create page: 0.512 seconds