Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Merged Hide email and Show Online

More
11 years 8 months ago - 11 years 8 months ago #1 by whitetiger
I'm sorry if this is a Frequent Answers, but I don't see any changes about the flags "Hide email" and "Show Online".
I never see the email. With a admin user or normal user I see nothing.
Where it is? in the sidebar? And how it is showed, as an icon?

Instead I see always the user online also with the flag off.

Thanks in advance
Last edit: 11 years 8 months ago by whitetiger.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 8 months ago #2 by paraflyer
No idea about the mail, but the "show online" switch is for the statistics-box down below the main page. If someone choose "hide" the user will be hidden while being online. As an admin you can see him/her below the "online users", in a section called "hidden users".

More
11 years 8 months ago #3 by sozzled
Replied by sozzled on topic Hide email and Show Online
That pretty much sums it up, paraflyer. We've had similar discussions on this issue before but I haven't spent any time searching the forum for other related topics on the subject.
The following user(s) said Thank You: paraflyer

More
11 years 8 months ago #4 by Pinkeltje
Mail is shown in the profile.

More
11 years 8 months ago - 11 years 7 months ago #5 by sozzled
Replied by sozzled on topic Hide email and Show Online
"in the profile" can mean a couple of things. [strike]Global moderators and[/strike] site administrators can see the user's email if they look at the user's profile. When ordinary users look at another user's profile they cannot see the user's email address. Let's make sure we understand exactly what you mean.
Last edit: 11 years 7 months ago by sozzled.

More
11 years 7 months ago - 11 years 7 months ago #6 by cowboysdude
Replied by cowboysdude on topic Email showing up..
I clearly have show email set to NO but it's still showing up in the Profile section in Kunena... why is that and how do I turn it off... My users do NOT like to show their email...

Thank you!

It shows I have community builder installed but I'd rather just stick to the Kunena Profile...
Last edit: 11 years 7 months ago by cowboysdude. Reason: Took out Config info :)

More
11 years 7 months ago #7 by sozzled
Replied by sozzled on topic Email showing up..
If you are a site administrator, you can see the email address of a user when you are logged in as a forum administrator and you're viewing a user's profile. This should not happen for other users who are not site administrators. I would also recommend K 2.0.2 from now on, too. B)

More
11 years 7 months ago - 11 years 7 months ago #8 by cowboysdude
Replied by cowboysdude on topic Email showing up..
Thank you but I have a normal user name I use to check things and you can still see the email address as a regular user too.. and I just installed Kunena today... :) And am upgrading to 2.02 right now LOL

AND OH by the way you were right Sozzled and I was wrong.. checked the 'other user' I was using and it was set to Super User ughhhhh changed it to "Registered" and bang email addresses were gone... Thank you again!!!!

Upgraded too! SO it was a win-win :)
Last edit: 11 years 7 months ago by cowboysdude.

More
11 years 7 months ago - 11 years 7 months ago #9 by skyknight
Hi, there.

This is the issue I find on my Kunena 2.0.2:

Formu configuration > User Related > Show E-mail

Set to "No" shows users email anyway.

No idea how to solve it. I've made some testing but I cannot find where's the problem. I think it's a bug.

Thank you!

I do attach my config report:

This message contains confidential information

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Legacy mode: Disabled | Joomla! SEF: Enabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Enabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

This message contains confidential information
htaccess: Exists | PHP environment: Max execution time: 30 seconds | Max execution memory: 128M | Max file upload: 20M

Kunena menu details:

Warning: Spoiler!

Joomla default template details : gk_appsite | author: GavickPro | version: 2.10 | creationdate: 15 June 2012

Kunena default template details : NTS KBusiness 2.0 | author: 9ThemeStore | version: 2.0.1 | creationdate: 2012-07-08

Kunena version detailed: Kunena 2.0.2 | 2012-09-02 [ Botschafter ]
| Kunena detailed configuration:

| Kunena integration settings:
| Joomla! detailed language files installed:

Third-party components: None

Third-party SEF components: None

Plugins: None

Modules: None

Last edit: 11 years 7 months ago by skyknight.

More
11 years 7 months ago #10 by sozzled
Replied by sozzled on topic Show email = No not working
Where does this happen? You have edited your configuration report and we cannot see how this issue arises or where this problem occurs on your website because we do not know the URL of your website.

Because you have hidden the details of your website, I have moved this topic to the K 2.0 General Questions category.
The following user(s) said Thank You: skyknight

Time to create page: 0.670 seconds