Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Solved Topicicons after upgrade to 2.0.1

More
11 years 8 months ago #1 by keithyoung89
I notice that at least 1 topicicon does not display since upgrade from 1.7 to 2.0.1. I see that previously (v1,.7), topicicons were located at:
.../components/com_kunena/template/default/images/icons/[filename]
and now (2.0.1):
.../media/kunena/topicicons/default/user/[filename]

I attach two screen shots to show the example of topic-smile.jpg. I have copied topicicons from the v1.7 folder to v2.0.1 folder so they are present in both versions. However, for this example, you see that in the 1.7 post topic-smile.png is displayed but in the 2.0.1. post default.png is displayed.

Configuration:

This message contains confidential information

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Legacy mode: Disabled | Joomla! SEF: Disabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Disabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

This message contains confidential information
htaccess: Missing | PHP environment: Max execution time: 30 seconds | Max execution memory: 32M | Max file upload: 2M

Kunena menu details:

Warning: Spoiler!

Joomla default template details : ja_purity_ii | author: JoomlArt.com | version: 1.2.0 | creationdate: August 2011

Kunena default template details : Blue Eagle 2.0 | author: Kunena Team | version: 2.0.1 | creationdate: 2012-07-07

Kunena version detailed: Kunena 2.0.1 | 2012-07-07 [ Balozi ]
| Kunena detailed configuration:

| Kunena integration settings:
| Joomla! detailed language files installed:

Third-party components: None

Third-party SEF components: None

Plugins: None

Modules: Kunena Latest 2.0.1

Any advice gratefully received.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 8 months ago #2 by sozzled
The topic icons used in K 1.6/1.7 were replaced in K 2.0.

The differences between the two versions is illustrated below:

I looked at your website and I see that many topics are now using the new K 2.0 topic icons. From what I see, you seem to have topic icons working but the extent to which any existing topics on your forum use the new icons depends on whether you had modified the K 1.7.2 source code to allow more than the 8 icons that your users could choose from.

If you want to use the older topic icons, you need to move them (as you correctly identified) into the folder ../media/kunena/topicicons/default/user/
Attachments:

More
11 years 8 months ago #3 by keithyoung89
Thanks again sozzled. I am still puzzled as to why the 1.7 version uses topic-smile.png but after the upgrade to 2.0.1, although the image is present, it displays default.png. Why does it not display topic-smile.png? I haven't amended any core code (wouldn't dare!)

More
11 years 8 months ago - 11 years 8 months ago #4 by sozzled
I think that most of us would agree, topic icons in earlier versions of Kunena we're (a) under-utilised, and (b) when they were used, did not actually convey any real information. The use of topic icons in K 2.0 has been improved - we think so, anyway. However, the specific answer to the question - why do topics that had the "smiley face" topic icons use the "default" topic icon - is several levels above my pay grade. I don't know the answer.
Last edit: 11 years 8 months ago by sozzled.

More
11 years 8 months ago #5 by keithyoung89
Well, if you don't know the answer, sozzled, nobody will! :) I'll not worry about it too much.

More
11 years 8 months ago #6 by onki
Hi Keith,

I just found a solution regarding the pagination when using JA Putity thanks to the Joomlart forum:
www.joomlart.com/forums/showthread.php?6...tion-in-JA-Purity-II

Just add this at the end of the template.css:
Code:
/* KUNENA PAGINATION */ #Kunena .kpagination li { border: 0 none; display: inline-block; font-size: 0.667em; line-height: 1.5em; list-style-type: none; margin: 0; padding: 0; }

Best regards
Onki

More
11 years 8 months ago #7 by keithyoung89
Thanks Onki - I posted it! :) But you wouldn't have realised as you didn't know my username on that forum.

Best,

Keith

Time to create page: 0.437 seconds