Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Solved Videos not displaying after upgrading

More
11 years 8 months ago - 11 years 8 months ago #1 by betteryouthanme
Hi there,
i've upgraded to latest Kunena 2.0 (from 1.7.2) on my local machine.
Codes like following are not displayed anymore:
Code:
[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lx_wozKGbSc[/video]

It just shows me a blank post then.

Warning: Spoiler!

Two things fill the mind with ever new and increasing wonder and awe - the starry heavens above me and the moral law within me. Immanuel Kant
Last edit: 11 years 8 months ago by sozzled. Reason: Change topic icon to "solved"

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 8 months ago - 11 years 8 months ago #2 by sozzled
Wrong syntax. Use, instead:
Code:
[video width=425 height=344 type=youtube]lx_wozKGbSc[/video]

Last edit: 11 years 8 months ago by sozzled.

More
11 years 8 months ago #3 by betteryouthanme
Thanks, but in the old 1.7 Forum it did work and i don't want to update every video posted. There are a lot..

Two things fill the mind with ever new and increasing wonder and awe - the starry heavens above me and the moral law within me. Immanuel Kant

More
11 years 8 months ago #4 by sozzled
See the Wiki article BBcode. Please note the important advisory information at the top of the page:

While the syntax of the BBcode used in different versions of Kunena should remain the same, the implementation may change. BBcode syntax that applied in earlier versions may change in later versions.

It looks like you found one of those changes.

More
11 years 8 months ago #5 by betteryouthanme
hmm i've tested it on the playground forum:
www.kunena.org/playground/163-Feature-Pl...-another-test#127472

One time with the url feature and another time with choosing youtube as provider.
Looks like the url is not working at least not for youtube videos?

More
11 years 8 months ago #6 by sozzled
The correct syntax for K 2.0 is in msg #2. If you use the video button on the BBcode toolbar than you will not have any problems in future. However, as far as existing messages in your forum are concerned, you will have to edit them to display the YouTube videos. Sorry.
The following user(s) said Thank You: betteryouthanme

More
11 years 8 months ago #7 by betteryouthanme
Thanks,
now if that's not working anymore you guys should disable the possibility in the new version. That's a little bit irritating.

More
11 years 8 months ago - 11 years 8 months ago #8 by Vlad
I beg to differ.

The fact is that the post editor's video tag allows direct copy/paste of a link from Youtube and will automatically place a [ video ]http://thisisayoutubelinkexample[ /video ] tag upon choosing to insert it but the end result is still a blank post.

A pic underneath should be much more self explanatory

It's a joke! It's a f***ing joke!! What's the matter with You!!??
Attachments:
Last edit: 11 years 8 months ago by Vlad.
The following user(s) said Thank You: sozzled

More
11 years 8 months ago #9 by Vlad
Albeit a silly fact - upon setting auto embed youtube videos to no the videos using video /video syntax reappeared for a brief moment and then went bye bye again.

It's a joke! It's a f***ing joke!! What's the matter with You!!??

More
11 years 8 months ago - 11 years 8 months ago #10 by sozzled
I use the BBcode "insert video" button on the BBcode toolbar, I select the video provider from the list, and I don't have any problems.
Last edit: 11 years 8 months ago by sozzled.

Time to create page: 0.659 seconds