Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Solved Problems editing user profile

More
11 years 9 months ago - 11 years 9 months ago #1 by kariseedenfans
Hi

First off, brilliant forum product, kudos to the devs on this one :)

I am having trouble editing the user profiles on my forum. The buttons are not clickable once I click on the edit button. I am trying to add an avatar etc to my profile as the admin on the forum.
This functionality did work when I first installed the forum, but seems to have been lost since then.

I have looked at the jquery running in safe mode iption and that is set but doesn't resolve the problem.

I have attached the config and hope for some guidance on what I can do to fix this
Last edit: 11 years 9 months ago by sozzled. Reason: Change topic icon to "solved"
The topic has been locked.
More
11 years 9 months ago #2 by sozzled

kariseedenfans wrote: I have attached the config and hope for some guidance on what I can do to fix this

It was not attached.

I think we're going to have to repeat the same instructions for K 2.0 as we did for K 1.7 (and K 1.6 before it). In 9 out of every 10 cases, the reasons that people have "problems" editing user profiles - in the sense that they have no clickable EDIT button - is because of a Javascript library conflict. K 2.0 is no different in the sense that it requires Joomla Mootools to work. This issue is addressed in message #1 or If you are having problems with Kunena, please read this first - even though that topic was originally started in K 1.6.

Your website - whose details we no nothing about - is loading another Javascript library that is clobbering Joomla. The link in msg #1 of If you are having problems with Kunena, please read this first will guide you on what you need to do. That is how you will fix this problem.
The following user(s) said Thank You: kariseedenfans
More
11 years 9 months ago #3 by kariseedenfans
Hi,

Thanks for the response. I can re-attach just to see if you are able to help pinpoint what it might be specific to my site ?

I will also look through the posting you linked for me.

Many thanks for your time
More
11 years 9 months ago - 11 years 9 months ago #4 by kariseedenfans
Here is the config report generated from Kunena admin

This message contains confidential information

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Legacy mode: Disabled | Joomla! SEF: Enabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Enabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

This message contains confidential information
htaccess: Exists | PHP environment: Max execution time: 30 seconds | Max execution memory: 64M | Max file upload: 10M

Kunena menu details:

Warning: Spoiler!

Joomla default template details : kefv1 | author: Steve Roberts | version: 1.0 | creationdate: 2012-06-27

Kunena default template details : Blue Eagle (default) | author: Kunena Team | version: 1.7.2 | creationdate: 2012-01-31

Kunena version detailled: Kunena 2.0.0 | 2012-06-27 [ Diplomatia ]
| Kunena detailled configuration:

| Joomla! detailled language files installed:

Third-party components: None

Third-party SEF components: None

Plugins: None

Modules: Kunena Latest 2.0.0

Last edit: 11 years 9 months ago by kariseedenfans. Reason: typo
More
11 years 9 months ago - 11 years 9 months ago #5 by sozzled
Your website loads quite a few Javascript libraries including a few from the VideoFlow component, some from AvReloaded , JCE Mediabox and a few others whose provenance I was unable to determine.

When people concoct the "software soup" that finally becomes their website, they need to be careful to make sure that all the ingredients go together. The standard Joomla software soup is like a fine "consommé" but if you add too much "salt" you can easily spoil it. The same goes for Javascript. Kunena needs Joomla's Mootools to operate correctly. One (or more) extension(s) you have installed has broken Mootools. I do not know which one it is (based on the information you have given me) and the process of isolating it may be time-consuming.

The answer to this problem is to read the links contained in msg #1 of Before you post your question, read this first. In the end, the solution may be a choice between running some other component that you have installed or running any kind of forum on your site. This is not (strictly-speaking) a "Kunena problem". Most of the other forum components written for Joomla also need Mootools, too.

While I have not pinpointed the exact cause of your problem, I hope I have directed you to how you can go to isolate the cause and deal with it.
Last edit: 11 years 9 months ago by sozzled.
The following user(s) said Thank You: kariseedenfans
More
11 years 9 months ago #6 by kariseedenfans
Hi Sozzled

Thanks for getting back so quick, really appreciate the support.

I have now fixed this mootools issue by reordering the load order, and the forum functions as expected.

Again, fantastic product and thank you.
More
11 years 9 months ago #7 by sozzled
This issue is now formally addressed in msg #1 of Before you post your question, read this first .
Time to create page: 0.584 seconds