- Posts: 13
- Thank you received: 0
Kunena 7.0.9 & Kunena 6.4.14 – Security Updates Released
The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 7.0.9 [K 7.0.9] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 5.4.x/6.0.x./6.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 / K 6.3 / K 6.4 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 7.0
Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.
Solved Disable "new topic" button for users
14 years 7 months ago #118759
by sgabo
Disable "new topic" button for users was created by sgabo
Hello Kunena masters,
I think it will be really good, if someone don't want 1000+ topics on the forum, only 10-20.
Now I can't disable this button in the Administrator menu, and I must delete always the new topics. When I close the general topics, than nobody can write into them.
Best wishes:
Gabor
I think it will be really good, if someone don't want 1000+ topics on the forum, only 10-20.
Now I can't disable this button in the Administrator menu, and I must delete always the new topics. When I close the general topics, than nobody can write into them.
Best wishes:
Gabor
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 7 months ago #119411
by rgblogs
I have no signature
Replied by rgblogs on topic Re: Disable "new topic" button for users
Hello
If you want users not to create new topics in any category, you can lock that category.
If you want users not to create new topics in any category, you can lock that category.
I have no signature
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 9 months ago #138291
by sgabo
Replied by sgabo on topic Disable "new topic" button for users
This is my very old topic, but I find the solution: in the kunena css file I can change the display option of new topic button to none. So nobody can open a new topic because the button is hide.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 9 months ago #138309
by sozzled
Blue Eagle vs. Crypsis reference guide
Read my blog and
Replied by sozzled on topic Disable "new topic" button for users
There is a much easier way. In K 2.0.3 you can change the permissions on each category where you do not want people to start new topics and, in that way, the "new topic" button will not appear. Refer to the following screenshot to see how to allow only Managers and Administrators to be able to create new topics in a category:
Blue Eagle vs. Crypsis reference guide
Read my blog and
The following user(s) said Thank You: sgabo
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- modernmagic
-
- Offline
- Senior Member
-
13 years 9 months ago #138311
by modernmagic
We focus on creating, managing and optimizing Joomla websites so you can focus on your own business
modernmagic.com
Replied by modernmagic on topic Disable "new topic" button for users
display:none is usually bad because the button and code are still loaded just not displayed. A malicious attacker could just remove the display none in the css in firebug and create a new topic.
We focus on creating, managing and optimizing Joomla websites so you can focus on your own business
modernmagic.com
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 9 months ago - 13 years 9 months ago #138365
by sgabo
Replied by sgabo on topic Disable "new topic" button for users
Thank You! I opened this topic in time Kunena 1.xxxxx. In that time was very hard to disable this button.
For me...
I can't find this menu what is on Your screenshot. I use Kunena 2.0.3 but in my hungarian menu isn't "Permissions". Of course I serch it in my language.
I can turn it in to an advanced mode, or I need maybe updating again?
I can't find this menu what is on Your screenshot. I use Kunena 2.0.3 but in my hungarian menu isn't "Permissions". Of course I serch it in my language.
Last edit: 13 years 9 months ago by sgabo.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.479 seconds