Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

The error code HTTP 500 Internal Server Error is a general-purpose message this indicates a general error in a web application. Please note that there is no general solution for this general error. You should first read HTTP 500 Internal Server Error before posting in this category.

K 2.0 support will cease on 31 August 2013 and this section of the forum will be closed and archived after that time and no further questions will be answered about this version.

If you are having problems then, for your own benefit, it would save us all a lot of time if you would kindly post your configuration report when you ask for help from this forum. If you do not post your configuration report we will not ask you for it but you will probably not get your problem solved, either.

Solved Creating Forum category reveals http 500 internal server error

More
11 years 5 months ago #1 by billkou
Hello people :)

I just came across an issue I can't seem to fix by myself, or find any other thread related to it.

I have setup my joomla installation ( latest 2.5 ) with kunena ( latest 2.0.2 ) and I have configured all my categories and subcategories with no problems whatsoever. I made test posts and threads with no problems.

The modules were working perfectly on the front page displaying latest posts and threads, along with other Joomla modules ( very few as I intend to have it as lightweight as possible ).

But when I needed to create a new directory, the joomla administration took forever to load, resulting in a 500 error. At first it showed that the helper.php on line 522 had a problem ( inside administrator/components/com_kunena/libraries/forum/category/ directory.

After enabling the system debug mode to maximum mode I have this message on my browser :

Fatal error: Access to undeclared static property: JLoader::$classes in /home/DOMAIN/public_html/libraries/loader.php on line 195

( i have removed the domain because the site is still under development and I can't give it to the public because of no consent from my client )

The website functions properly on any link/menu that doesn't have the Kunena component.

In the administration area, the forum categories link provide the same error, but other sections of the kunena admin work.

I have also installed Jomsocial in order to provide me with personal messages, anything else was/is disabled, no profile integrations or anything else.

I am running on nginx 1.2.5 and php 5.3.18

I must state that the forum configuration and categories and the such were replaced into the new installation with those of the previous installation ( an empty one which was for testing purposes ) by replacing the old database prefix with the new one and up until now it had no problems at all. I suspect this could be a cause but I'm not so sure because up until now ( 1-2 months of development and testing on the website ) I have used the new installation with no problems and I can't relate this problem to this cause, except if there's something I forgot to transfer which I highly doubt.

Any help would be greatly appreciated as I'm trying to make this work to no avail and I have a deadline this week and I'm at a loss.

Thank you very much for your time, I'll be available to post any information on the installation etc.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 5 months ago #2 by yuzef
I don't know what is exactly problem, but i try to guessing your problem is not about kunena, it's your server.

BUT sometime to solve that problem, Try open your .htaccess file and find :
# RewriteBase /

uncomment that line and should look like this :
RewriteBase /

Let's me know if that will help you.
If doesn't post your kunena configuration here and wait some advance member help more detail.

Love Simplicty
read...... and learn........

My Joomla Test Site

More
11 years 4 months ago #3 by billkou

yuzef wrote: I don't know what is exactly problem, but i try to guessing your problem is not about kunena, it's your server.

BUT sometime to solve that problem, Try open your .htaccess file and find :
# RewriteBase /

uncomment that line and should look like this :
RewriteBase /

Let's me know if that will help you.
If doesn't post your kunena configuration here and wait some advance member help more detail.

Hello and thanks for the reply. I finally did a reinstall after backing up the categories and the problem vanished.

I hope it doesn't happen again though, it's a very big discomfort for such problems to occur, especially when a website goes online.

But I will stick to Kunena because even though it may not be the best forum platform available, I believe the guys working on it are serious on their work and it's a good project to support.

Time to create page: 0.443 seconds