Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

The error code HTTP 500 Internal Server Error is a general-purpose message this indicates a general error in a web application. Please note that there is no general solution for this general error. You should first read HTTP 500 Internal Server Error before posting in this category.

K 2.0 support will cease on 31 August 2013 and this section of the forum will be closed and archived after that time and no further questions will be answered about this version.

If you are having problems then, for your own benefit, it would save us all a lot of time if you would kindly post your configuration report when you ask for help from this forum. If you do not post your configuration report we will not ask you for it but you will probably not get your problem solved, either.

Solved K 2.0.1 Fatal Error: Call to undefined method KunenaForumTopic::getTopic() in components/com_kunena/controllers/topic.php on line 567

More
11 years 8 months ago - 11 years 8 months ago #1 by rsi
Hi I am getting getting a 500 error on when a moderator activates the <Delete Topic> button. The error displayed is "Fatal Error: Call to undefined method KunenaForumTopic::getTopic() in components/com_kunena/controllers/topic.php on line 567"

I have a recent install of Kunena 2.0.1 on Joomal 2.5.6
Last edit: 11 years 8 months ago by rsi. Reason: Changed icon as this nolonger appears to be a critical error but just an inconvenience for moderators

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 8 months ago #2 by sozzled
Topics posted in the K 2.0 Support category that do not include the configuration report are generally not answered for several days.

This is the first time that I am aware this matter has been reported. Perhaps other members in the community can confirm if this is, in fact, a problem with K 2.0.1? Please?

More
11 years 8 months ago #3 by rsi
Sorry for not including the Config Report, please se below.

This message contains confidential information

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Legacy mode: Disabled | Joomla! SEF: Enabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Disabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

htaccess: Exists | PHP environment: Max execution time: 40 seconds | Max execution memory: 64M | Max file upload: 10M

Kunena menu details:

Warning: Spoiler!

Joomla default template details : whyallanudists7 | author: RSI Computing | version: 1.0 | creationdate: 2012-06-27

Kunena default template details : Blue Eagle 2.0 | author: Kunena Team | version: 2.0.1 | creationdate: 2012-07-07

Kunena version detailed: Kunena 2.0.1 | 2012-07-07 [ Balozi ]
| Kunena detailed configuration:

| Kunena integration settings:
| Joomla! detailed language files installed:

Third-party components: None

Third-party SEF components: None

Plugins: None

Modules: None

More
11 years 8 months ago #4 by sozzled
Please fix up your Kunena menu. See After upgrade - no Menu for details.

More
11 years 8 months ago - 11 years 8 months ago #5 by rsi
Hi, I'm sorry but I don't quite understand your instruction. I haven't upgraded my version of Kunena, it is a fresh install. I am not using a menu item I created to access Kunena, I am using the Kunena menu created during the install of the Kunena (registered in postition user3).

Please see my config report below for possible further information:

Legacy mode: Disabled | Joomla! SEF: Enabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Disabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

htaccess: Exists | PHP environment: Max execution time: 40 seconds | Max execution memory: 64M | Max file upload: 10M

Kunena menu details:

Joomla default template details : whyallanudists7 | author: RSI Computing | version: 1.0 | creationdate: 2012-06-27

Kunena default template details : Blue Eagle 2.0 | author: Kunena Team | version: 2.0.1 | creationdate: 2012-07-07

Third-party components: None

Plugins: None

Modules: None

Last edit: 11 years 8 months ago by rsi.

More
11 years 8 months ago #6 by sozzled
Your configuration report shows that you are using something different to the Kunena menu that is installed by the Kunena installation program.

More
11 years 8 months ago #7 by rsi
OK, I'm not sure what's going on then. I did have some problems getting the menu display a link to Kunena. I may have deleted the original Kunena menu item following steps in a forum article to do with the kunena menu not displaying. I didn't recreate the menu manually.

I only have 3 menus in my Joomla installation (Whyalla-Main, Whyalla-Users & Kunena Menu). From what I am understanding the Kunena menu may be being displayed in two locations (in user3 next to the other two menus) as well as at the top of the forum. In the user3 location it is configured with 'Show Sub-menu Items' = no. Whyalla-Main has the Home, About & Contact buttons. Whyalla-Users has the Profile button. The Kunena menu is the Forum button.

With the exception of the '500 Error when moderator deletes (unapproved) topic' everything is pretty much is working as I would want it to. If I have to live with it. Though I'm still confused as to how or why it's all working so well (except for this error) if I've got it set up incorrectly.

Please see the attacments below:

Joomla Menus

Kunena Menu
Attachments:

More
11 years 7 months ago #8 by pequeno74
Hello, I have the same problem

500 Internal Server Error
Fatal Error was detected!

Fatal Error: Call to undefined method KunenaForumTopic::getTopic() in components/com_kunena/controllers/topic.php on line 567

The error was detected in the Kunena Component.

If I delete the first post works fine, but If I delete the Topic appears this error.

I have find this info.
User is Moderator (kunena) and Registered User (joomla) > Error 500
User is Moderator (kunena) and Administrator (joomla) > Works fine

I rebuild the kunena menu but the error is not resolved.

Legacy mode: Disabled | Joomla! SEF: Enabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Enabled | FTP layer: Enabled |

htaccess: Exists | PHP environment: Max execution time: 60 seconds | Max execution memory: 128M | Max file upload: 15M

Kunena menu details:

Joomla default template details : yoo_balance | author: YOOtheme | version: 1.0.5 | creationdate: January 2012

Kunena default template details : Blue Eagle (default) | author: Kunena Team | version: 1.7.2 | creationdate: 2012-01-31

Third-party components: Jomsocial 2.6.1

Plugins: JomSocial - My Kunena Forum Posts 2.0.1

Modules: Kunena Latest 2.0.1 | Kunena Stats 1.7.2

More
11 years 7 months ago #9 by pequeno74
More Info.
After appears the 500 error, the topic is removed, but only users in Administrator group (Joomla) can view it for permanently delete the post (in my forum, after deleted a post appears gray to eliminate it entirely later).
If copy and paste the link of deleted topic with Moderator range you can see the message "do not have permission to access"
Administrator group (joomla) can view it.
Have I explained?

More
11 years 7 months ago #10 by sozzled
Thank you, Pequeno, for the useful, extra information. We'll need to investigate this further.

Here are a couple of suggestions that I would like you to try:
  1. Please uninstall or upgrade Kunena Stats (the version you're using is wrong for K 2.0 - see msg #1 of Before you post your question, read this first )
  2. Have you tried with K 2.0 Blue Eagle template?
  3. Can you try with a different Joomla template (not one from YOOtheme)? We've received quite a few reports of HTTP 500 Internal Server Errors from people who use YOOtheme templates. For testing purposes only, can we eliminate YOOtheme from the problem, please?

Time to create page: 4.366 seconds