Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

The error code HTTP 500 Internal Server Error is a general-purpose message this indicates a general error in a web application. Please note that there is no general solution for this general error. You should first read HTTP 500 Internal Server Error before posting in this category.

K 2.0 support will cease on 31 August 2013 and this section of the forum will be closed and archived after that time and no further questions will be answered about this version.

If you are having problems then, for your own benefit, it would save us all a lot of time if you would kindly post your configuration report when you ask for help from this forum. If you do not post your configuration report we will not ask you for it but you will probably not get your problem solved, either.

Question 500 Internal Server Error - Call to undefined method JDocumentHTML::close()

More
11 years 9 months ago #1 by ab420
We are running Joomla 1.5.26, and I just tried installing Kunena. The install went fine (no errors), but when I go to the forum I get a 500 Internal Server Error. When I put debug on it says:
Fatal Error was detected!

Fatal Error: Call to undefined method JDocumentHTML::close() in libraries/joomla/application/application.php on line 334

The error was detected in the Libraries.

I am new to Joomla and Kunena, any help would be greatly appreciated!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 9 months ago #2 by Matias
Wow, it looks like something is calling JApplication::redirect() as static function. I just checked that it isn't Kunena, so it's probably some other extension in your site.

Unfortunately I have no idea what it can be...
The following user(s) said Thank You: ab420

More
11 years 9 months ago #3 by ab420
Thanks for the help. I have this installed locally with xampp, and I just used Dreamweaver to search the code of all the files in the html directory, and it only came up with 3 instances of JApplication::redirect() - one was in the change log (txt file), and 2 were commented out, so I can't figure out where that would be coming from. Any ideas of where I could look?

Thanks again for the help!

More
11 years 9 months ago #4 by ab420
and the plot thickens!

I just realized that you can view the forum fine if not logged in.

More
11 years 9 months ago #5 by Matias
The correct way to call it is something like this:

JFactory::getApplication()->redirect(...)

Try to search ::redirect( and ::redirect (
The following user(s) said Thank You: ab420

More
11 years 9 months ago #6 by ab420
Awesome, that helped me track down the exact file causing the issue. We have a redirect setup for logged in members, because the whole main site is different when you are logged in. Thanks for helping me pinpoint the issue! :)

Time to create page: 0.513 seconds