Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

This category is for discussing issues with the K 2.0 Blue Eagle template.

As general background, My Joomla site template makes a mess of Kunena .

We do not answer questions about other templates for Kunena here.

If you are having problems then, for your own benefit, it would save us all a lot of time if you would kindly post your configuration report when you ask for help from this forum. If you do not post your configuration report we will not ask you for it but you will probably not get your problem solved, either.

Question Funky Buttons (New topic, Subscribe, etc.)

More
11 years 1 month ago - 11 years 1 month ago #1 by boogers
I'm almost positive this issue is being caused by the template I'm using, but I was hoping for a little assistance.

The buttons listed in the title just do not look right. They seem to be cut off at the bottom. Not quite sure how to describe it so have a look at the attachment.

And a link to the site:
solace3.wordshutter.com/index.php/compon...o-the-healing-forums

I've been through the kunena.forum-min.css file and change some things around. It made it a little better but never quite fixed it. I've since uploaded a non modified version of the file so others may have a look and maybe help me out.

Thanks in advance!
Attachments:
Last edit: 11 years 1 month ago by boogers. Reason: added link to site

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 1 month ago #2 by skybax
that CSS is messed up

for
#Kunena .kpagination li.page in kunena.forum-min.css
remove
margin-right: 2px;
add
padding: 5px;

More
11 years 1 month ago #3 by TKtemp
Hi,

add this few lines at the end of your JOOMLA template CSS file

#Kunena .kicon-button {
font-size: 11px !important;
}

More
11 years 1 month ago #4 by boogers
Hellow and thanks for the replies.

skybax wrote: that CSS is messed up

for
#Kunena .kpagination li.page in kunena.forum-min.css
remove
margin-right: 2px;
add
padding: 5px;

Did the above as suggested but it didn't seem to change anything.

Also tried this as suggested by TKtemp:
#Kunena .kicon-button {
}

This got me a little closer, but still not there.
If anybody else has an idea I would love to try it!
Also, I set up a login so you could see how the online indicator and other buttons appear. name/password="user"

Thanks again!

More
11 years 1 month ago - 11 years 1 month ago #5 by sozzled

boogers wrote: I've been through the kunena.forum-min.css file and change some things around. It made it a little better but never quite fixed it. I've since uploaded a non modified version of the file so others may have a look and maybe help me out.

Our advice in response to these many requests (even the advice related to older versions of Kunena) we've received about misaligned or "funky" buttons (as you described them) has always been the same:

(1) The problems are caused by the Joomla site template that you are using. The standard response is to read My Joomla site template makes a mess of Kunena ; and
(2) Only as an absolute last resort, never modify the forum.kunena-min.css file even if people (like skybax who was trying to help you) suggest that you do otherwise. In nearly all cases you can tweak the CSS of your Joomla site template CSS to override the CSS ruls defined in the Kunena template.

Depending on your familiarity with how CSS and Joomla works, this can be easy or it can be frustratingly difficult. In the first place, if you purchased a Joomla site template (one that seems to make a mess of Kunena), we suggest that you ask the people who designed, developed and maintain that template. If those people cannot help you, you may need to consider using a different Joomla site template instead.

Because there are literally hundreds of thousands of Joomla site templates available (and many of these were designed for all kinds of different versions of Joomla) it is next-to-impossible for the small group of people who have developed Kunena to know all the answers to fix the different issues created by those template developers. We do our best, given the amount of time that we have available, but we encourage all members of the community to help one another where they can. Sometimes, however, individual cases require individual custom, tailored solutions and finding the answers takes time. I hope you understand the difficulties we continually face in this matter.

Good luck. I hope you find a solution that solves your problem. :)
Last edit: 11 years 1 month ago by sozzled.

More
11 years 1 month ago - 11 years 1 month ago #6 by TKtemp

boogers wrote: Hellow and thanks for the replies.

Also tried this as suggested by TKtemp:
#Kunena .kicon-button {
}

This got me a little closer, but still not there.
If anybody else has an idea I would love to try it!
Also, I set up a login so you could see how the online indicator and other buttons appear. name/password="user"

Thanks again!

Hi,

you modified original Blue Eagle Kunena Template css files.

Please restore them to original state and buttons will appear as expected.
Last edit: 11 years 1 month ago by TKtemp.

More
11 years 1 month ago #7 by 9themestore
Hi boogers,

It's very easy, please send me the url link and a test account. I'll give a perfect solution for this problem.

Regards

- Please provide your site url if it has been lived.
- Please share tip if it worked fine with you.
- Don't be shy about using the "Thanks" button below if you found my comment helpful :)

Time to create page: 0.555 seconds