Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

The error code HTTP 500 Internal Server Error is a general-purpose message this indicates a general error in a web application. Please note that there is no general solution for this general error. You should first read HTTP 500 Internal Server Error before posting in this category.

Solved Fatal Error

More
11 years 9 months ago #1 by pgmckillop
Fatal Error was created by pgmckillop
Access to forum topics produces a fatal error: Allowed memory size of 25165824 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 105 bytes) in libraries/joomla/language/language.php on line 792. The error was detected in the libraries.

This message contains confidential information

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Legacy mode: Disabled | Joomla! SEF: Enabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Disabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

This message contains confidential information
htaccess: Exists | PHP environment: Max execution time: 60 seconds | Max execution memory: 24M | Max file upload: 10M

Kunena menu details:
Warning: Spoiler!

Joomla default template details : beez_20 | author: Angie Radtke | version: 2.5.0 | creationdate: 25 November 2009

Kunena default template details : Blue Eagle (default) | author: Kunena Team | version: 1.7.2 | creationdate: 2012-01-31

Kunena version detailled: Installed version: 1.7.2 | Build: 5215 | Version name: Omega | Kunena detailled configuration:

Warning: Spoiler!

Third-party components: None

Third-party SEF components: None

Plugins: System - Mootools Upgrade: Disabled | System - Mootools12: Disabled

Modules: None

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 9 months ago #2 by Jiminimonka
Replied by Jiminimonka on topic Fatal Error
Hi pgmckillop,

This is a php error, either you increase the memory limit above 24MB, or remove something else from the system that is eating up all the memory. It is hard to diagnose from the little information we have, but it is not a problem with the Kunena. Usually it is the host you need to contact to increase the memory allocation for php, but from personal experience it is usually some module you have running that needs to be turned off.

As I am no expert on this subject I will ask that anyone else that can shed some light on this to step in and offer some advice.

Please read the FAQ.
Only one question per topic.
Search before you ask a question.

More
11 years 9 months ago #3 by sozzled
Replied by sozzled on topic Fatal Error
See K 1.6 & K 1.7 Technical Requirements and Improving Kunena performance .

16 Mb is the barest minimum needed to run Joomla + Kunena and nothing else. 24 Mb, likewise, hardly makes it worthwhile having such a low PHP memory allowance and, personally, I wouldn't try to run any website that I was managing with less than 32 Mb. However, it all depends on the mix of ingredients in your website "software soup". I hope the references I've posted help.

*** Topic moved from K 1.7 Support to K 1.7 Common Questions ***

More
11 years 9 months ago #4 by pgmckillop
Replied by pgmckillop on topic Fatal Error
Jimini and sozzled, I did as you suggest. I got great support from Greg at the company who host the Joomla, Birch Hosting.

The forum is working again with all my installed modules running; I didn't have to deactivate any of them. I had tried progressive deactivation of them but the forum still wouldn't work even with cache purged etc.

Interstingly, I did a debug analysis on the Joomla and the most it seemed to ever use on memory was 16Mb, well within the 24Mb PHP limit. As you say, it's probably a combination of application factors. It might have been caused by a particular, unusual set of circumstances.

Thanks for your input.

More
11 years 9 months ago #5 by Matias
Replied by Matias on topic Fatal Error
Amount of memory depends on how many php files and content is in your page. In empty Joomla site it's usually ~10M (depending on server modules etc), but as you add modules, integration etc, PHP starts demanding more memory -- probably because of it loads libraries that are needed to run the code.

Time to create page: 1.694 seconds