Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

The error code HTTP 500 Internal Server Error is a general-purpose message this indicates a general error in a web application. Please note that there is no general solution for this general error. You should first read HTTP 500 Internal Server Error before posting in this category.

Question 500 Internal Server Error

More
11 years 11 months ago #1 by singlanhn
While trying to upload an image I am getting the following error message:

Fatal Error: Allowed memory size of 67108864 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 4608 bytes) in components/com_kunena/lib/kunena.image.class.php on line 357
the error was detected in Kunena Component.

As much i know this is due to the larger size of the image. Is there any way that user will get much simplified error with description like: "Image size is more than the allowed" or something like that rather than this technical description?
My Kunena configuration:
This message contains confidential information

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Legacy mode: Disabled | Joomla! SEF: Enabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Disabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

This message contains confidential information
htaccess: Missing | PHP environment: Max execution time: 30 seconds | Max execution memory: 64M | Max file upload: 10M

Kunena menu details:
Warning: Spoiler!

Joomla default template details : yt_framework | author: YouTech Team | version: 1.0 | creationdate: 09/11/10

Kunena default template details : Blue Eagle (default) | author: Kunena Team | version: 1.7.2 | creationdate: 2012-01-31

Kunena version detailled: Installed version: 1.7.2 | Build: 5215 | Version name: Omega | Kunena detailled configuration:

Warning: Spoiler!

Third-party components: None

Third-party SEF components: None

Plugins: System - Mootools Upgrade: Disabled | System - Mootools12: Disabled | Kunena Search 1.7.2 | Kunena Discuss 1.7.2

Modules: Kunena Latest 1.7.2

The topic has been locked.
More
11 years 11 months ago #2 by Matias
Replied by Matias on topic 500 Internal Server Error
The error comes from PHP and there's no good way to catch it. Execution has already halted in that point and running too much inside termination process is dangerous and just leads error message not to work at all.

I really wish that PHP would improve its error handling.
More
11 years 10 months ago #3 by NWLB
Replied by NWLB on topic 500 Internal Server Error
So no fix?
More
11 years 10 months ago #4 by Matias
Replied by Matias on topic 500 Internal Server Error
There are 2 ways to avoid this bug. First one is to check how much memory is available and try to estimate how much memory GD will use. Both of these are unreliable. Second way is to use ImageMagick instead, as it is more efficient on memory usage (and doesn't obey PHP limit).
More
11 years 9 months ago - 11 years 9 months ago #5 by rsi
Replied by rsi on topic 500 Internal Server Error
Hi, I am also getting this error (Fatal Error: Allowed memory size of 33554432 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 14008 bytes) in components/com_kunena/lib/kunena.image.class.php on line 357).

I am using Kunena 2.0.1 on Joomla! 2.5.6.

I have 'Maximum Image File Size' set to 4000kB, which appears to be lower that what Kunena Config is telling me I can set it to (Maximum image file size allowed for upload. You cannot exceed the PHP upload limit of post_max_size: 8M & upload_max_filesize: 10M .)

There is mention of using ImageMagick instead of GD. Is this in the config somewhere, I can't find an opion that would choose between the two?
Last edit: 11 years 9 months ago by rsi. Reason: Added Kunena & Joomla! versions.
More
11 years 9 months ago - 11 years 9 months ago #6 by sozzled
Replied by sozzled on topic 500 Internal Server Error
rsi:

(1) Please do not use the K 1.7 Support category to report a problem that you are having with K 2.0. This means that we now have to lock this topic.

(2) Please read HTTP 500 Internal Server Error which may help to explain why you are getting "the same error" .

(3) You need to allocate more PHP memory. This has nothing to do with Kunena itself. This is all part of web administration. See Improving Kunena performance

(4) 95% of all HTTP 500 Internal Server Error errors reported on this forum have nothing to do with Kunena. In the vast majority of cases reported to us, the issues have been caused by other extensions running on users' websites that stop their sites from working.

(5) This is the Kunena forum. If you want to know more about ImageMagick you might try using the Joomla forum ( forum.joomla.org ).

(6) In future, please read the Guide to posting questions when asking for support that appears on the main Index page of this forum.
Last edit: 11 years 9 months ago by sozzled.
Time to create page: 0.542 seconds