Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

The error code HTTP 500 Internal Server Error is a general-purpose message this indicates a general error in a web application. Please note that there is no general solution for this general error. You should first read HTTP 500 Internal Server Error before posting in this category.

Question 500 Internal Server Error - because registry.php????

More
12 years 4 months ago - 12 years 4 months ago #1 by costisefu
In the last days I started not to be able to access Kunena discutions because 500 Internal Server Error.

In the error.log it says: "PHP Fatal error: Cannot access empty property in /home/adlineso/public_html/libraries/joomla/registry/registry.php on line 320"

So I searched fixes and found to modify in registry.php the folowing lines:

// Traverse the registry to find the correct node for the result.
for ($i = 0, $n = count($nodes) - 1; $i < $n; $i++)
{
if (!isset($node->$nodes[$i]) && ($i != $n)) {
$node->$nodes[$i] = new stdClass;
}
$node = $node->$nodes[$i];
}

with:
// Traverse the registry to find the correct node for the result.
for ($i = 0, $n = count(nodes) - 1; $i < $n; $i++)
{
if (!isset($node->nodes[$i]) && ($i != $n)) {
$node->$nodes[$i] = new stdClass;
}
$node = $node->nodes[$i];
}

So I removed the first three $ following a ->

But I have no clue what is wrong and what is that I have done. Doing this I cannot modify modules in backend anymore. And the problem is only with Kunena. Kunena works fine without modifying registry, all until entering a category or discussion where it goes 505 Error.
Last edit: 12 years 4 months ago by costisefu.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 4 months ago - 12 years 4 months ago #2 by sozzled
G'day, costisefu, and thank you for your question.

The "fix" you suggest will not work. We're curious to know what has changed in your Joomla ../libraries/joomla/registry/registry.php and what you may have installed recently that has messed up your Joomla site.

We believe that a better solution would be to restore the original file from the Joomla installation package. If that does not work, please look at the posting guide printed above. We cannot eliminate any specific causes of your problem at this time until we know more.
Last edit: 12 years 4 months ago by sozzled.

More
12 years 4 months ago - 12 years 4 months ago #3 by costisefu
I restored registry.php and also made an update of both joomla and kunena trying to fix the problem.

This message contains confidential information

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Legacy mode: Disabled | Joomla! SEF: Enabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Disabled | FTP layer: Enabled |

htaccess: Exists | PHP environment: Max execution time: 30 seconds | Max execution memory: 256M | Max file upload: 64M

Joomla default template details : ja_portfolio | author: JoomlArt.com | version: 1.2.0 | creationdate: August 2011

Kunena default template details : Blue Eagle (default) | author: Kunena Team | version: 1.7.1 | creationdate: 2011-11-16

Kunena version detailled: Installed version: 1.7.1 | Build: 5162 | Version name: UnderUret | Kunena detailled configuration:

Warning: Spoiler!

Third-party components: None

Third-party SEF components: None

Plugins: System - Mootools Upgrade: Disabled | System - Mootools12: Disabled

Modules: Kunena Latest 1.7.0

Last edit: 12 years 4 months ago by costisefu.

More
12 years 4 months ago #4 by Matias
I doupt that this is Kunena problem -- what did you do when plugin stopped to work?

More
12 years 3 months ago - 12 years 3 months ago #5 by insyncbiztech
This same thing is happening to me. What was the fix? I tried replacing the registry.php file from a fresh download and it didn't fix the error.

The error doesn't happen right away. Only once I click on one of the tab links (Open New Ticket, View Open, View Closed, etc.).

I have Joomla 1.7.
Last edit: 12 years 3 months ago by insyncbiztech. Reason: Added Joomla version.

More
12 years 3 months ago #6 by sozzled
Please see msg #2 above. The advice I gave in that message also applies to you.

Time to create page: 0.561 seconds