Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

The error code HTTP 500 Internal Server Error is a general-purpose message this indicates a general error in a web application. Please note that there is no general solution for this general error. You should first read HTTP 500 Internal Server Error before posting in this category.

Question 500 Internal Server Error - While posting or replying with attachments

More
12 years 5 months ago - 12 years 5 months ago #1 by joecort64
I am running Kunena 1.7.1 and was having the same problem with 1.7.0 also. If a user submits a post or a reply that is only text (no attached images) Kunena works perfectly. If a post or reply is submitted that contains an attached image like a jpg then 500 Internal Server Error comes up. When you go back to the forum the post has been submitted but without the attached image. There is only the statement: "attachment]C:\fakepath\P6190280.JPG[/attachment]"

Any ideas how to fix this problem?
Last edit: 12 years 5 months ago by joecort64. Reason: copy of report did not attach properly

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 5 months ago #2 by joecort64
Update - I tried submitting a post using my smart phone and it worked. Maybe I am experiencing some sort of browser problem on the home computer. I tried IE8 and Google Chrome but both get the same Internal Server Error...

More
12 years 5 months ago - 12 years 4 months ago #3 by sozzled
I should probably write a Wiki article entitled "How to solve HTTP 500 Internal Server Errors". I should probably create a website that was called www.500errors-in-joomla.com and charge people money to join the site. It would be easy money, too.

My knowledge about how to solve HTTP 500 Internal Server Errors comes from enabling Joomla debug mode and reading the specific details of any error messages or web server logs and then going to work on the part of Joomla that's not behaving itself properly.

80% of the time (possibly the number is higher) the HTTP 500 Internal Server Error is caused by something else running on your website at the time people are trying to run Kunena. This "something else" may be a module, plugin, template, language or even another component that's interfering with Kunena doing what it's supposed to be doing. In nearly every case (of the 80% of the times this happens) you can fix the problem by disabling/unpublishing/uninstalling the conflicting Joomla extension. The trick is finding out what is the extension.

As I said, if I created a website and charged money to give people that information, I'm sure that many people would consider that I was obtaining money under false pretences. No matter that my advice is still the correct approach to tackling the problem, sometimes the answer actually is a question of whether people want to do the work themselves or pay someone else to do the work for them. The solution is to do some detective work. The main tool in that detection is to use Joomla's debug mode.

The C:\Fakepath issue is a web browser/javascript problem. What version of Kunena are you using? You may find that the situation with the C:\Fakepath will disappear if you upgrade to K 1.7.1. Most C:\Fakepath problems seem to occur in older versions of Internet Explorer, BTW.
Last edit: 12 years 4 months ago by sozzled.

More
12 years 5 months ago #4 by Matias
If you have the blue internal server error box (coming from Kunena), please enable Joomla debug mode, try again and post the error into this topic. :)

More
12 years 5 months ago - 12 years 5 months ago #5 by joecort64
Thanks Matias. With debug on I get this message in the blue box:

500 Internal Server Error

Fatal Error was detected!

Fatal Error: Allowed memory size of 67108864 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 15872 bytes) in components/com_kunena/lib/kunena.image.class.php on line 357

The error was detected in the Kunena Component.

By the way, my site uses Joomla 1.7.2 and Kunena 1.7.1
Last edit: 12 years 5 months ago by joecort64. Reason: added version info

More
12 years 5 months ago #6 by xillibit
Hello,

Php need more memory, so if you can in your php.ini increase the memory limit to 64 or 128

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.

More
12 years 5 months ago #7 by Matias
Resizing large images takes a lot of memory. The answer is either to use/limit users to smaller images or increase memory limit.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Redmars

More
12 years 5 months ago #8 by misterpat
I also have the issue with the c:\fakepath\file.jpg, but uploads still work as long as I don't get the 500 error. This is with the latest version of chrome.

More
12 years 5 months ago #9 by sozzled
misterpat: your post is off-topic to this discussion. Please search the forum regarding the "fakepath" issues. Most of the time these things are caused by using an older version of Internet Explorer. K 1.7.1 does not support IE6, for example.

More
12 years 5 months ago #10 by joecort64
Hi,

Thanks for your reply. The memory limit is currently set at 64 and is controlled by the host server. I cannot change this setting.

Time to create page: 0.414 seconds