Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

The error code HTTP 500 Internal Server Error is a general-purpose message this indicates a general error in a web application. Please note that there is no general solution for this general error. You should first read HTTP 500 Internal Server Error before posting in this category.

Question J! 1.7 JABulletin Module causes HTTP 500 Internal Server Error in Kunena

More
12 years 5 months ago #1 by thejaman
Hi!

I've been installed Kunena 1.7 on my Joomla 1.72 site.

I've created a menu item on my home page linked to the Forum but when i open it i gotta this message:

500 Internal Server Error

Fatal Error was detected!

Fatal Error: Class 'JModel' not found in modules/mod_jabulletin/helper.php on line 16

The error was detected in the Jabulletin Module.

I've just installed it, why it doesn't work?

This is my report:
This message contains confidential information

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Legacy mode: Disabled | Joomla! SEF: Enabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Enabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

htaccess: Exists | PHP environment: Max execution time: 300 seconds | Max execution memory: 256M | Max file upload: 256M

Joomla default template details : ja_teline_iv | author: JoomlArt.com | version: 1.2.0 | creationdate: September 2011

Kunena default template details : Blue Eagle (default) | author: Kunena Team | version: 1.7.0 | creationdate: 2011-08-29

Kunena version detailled: Installed version: 1.7.0 | Build: 5135 | Version name: Tale | Kunena detailled configuration:

Warning: Spoiler!

Third-party components: None

Third-party SEF components: AceSEF: The file doesn't exist acesef.xml !

Plugins: System - Mootools Upgrade: Disabled | System - Mootools12: Disabled

Modules: None

Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 5 months ago #2 by xillibit
hello,

This error is related to module Jabulletin and not Kunena, so i can't help on this

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.

More
12 years 5 months ago #3 by thejaman
but this happens only by opening the forum, in home page it works, giving me an error.log empty.

More
12 years 5 months ago #4 by xillibit
Add this before line 16 in /modules/mod_jabulletin/helper.php :
Code:
jimport( 'joomla.application.component.model' );

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.

More
12 years 5 months ago #5 by asajay
I ran into this just tonight. The forum had been working fine. I had installed and uninstalled a different unrelated component and thought that might be it, but it wasn't. I had also changed some system settings but that wasn't it.

I had also created a new "weblinks" module. THAT was it. When I disabled the weblinks module, the Kunena forum came right back.

Turns out the setting for the weblinks module had all the pages for the forum checked. Once I unchecked all the Kunena pages so the module wouldn't display when the forum was selected, everything worked perfectly.

I looks, in general, that when Kunena is loaded, I can't really use any other modules, which is fine. But I may need to be aware that allowing certain modules to be on the forum may break it.

More
12 years 5 months ago - 12 years 5 months ago #6 by sozzled
Yes, we are aware that some developers have ensured that their Joomla extensions are incompatible with running other developers' Joomla extensions and that's both unfair and unfortunate. It means that certain extensions - like some of those developed by JoomlArt, for example - are incompatible with Kunena. As far as possible, Kunena has been developed according to "best practice" by the Joomla core team. What some other developers do is their business and, in the end, it's neither fair nor enjoyable for everyone else.

As another example, we know that a sizeable number of developers of Joomla extensions (mostly in the J! 1.5 space) created their own Javascipt libraries that are incompatible with Joomla's Mootools. These Javascript confections have been the source of thousands of questions asked here about why people cannot effectively use Kunena on their websites. This, too, has been the subject of a continuing battle between Joomla developers to find some common ground. The common ground is what is recommended as "best practice" by the Joomla core team. I will say again, the Kunena team is committed working with leading members of the Joomla core team to make sure that Kunena will adhere to those "best practice" guidelines.

In the end it comes down to a question of personal choice . If something else is conflicting with Kunena and that something else is more important to you then maybe you need to forget about Kunena. Alternatively, you may have to operate without that "something else."

The list of incompatible Joomla extensions is unquantifiable and continually changing - what may be incompatible one day might be fixed the next and vice versa - we cannot list them all and it's impossible to keep the list up-to-date. Our best advice to you is to make sure that you have a test/development site to verify whether your software "soup" ideas will work together or whether that extra ingredient will "spoil the broth".
Last edit: 12 years 5 months ago by sozzled.

Time to create page: 0.563 seconds