Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Question Logged into Joomla but not Kunena?

More
15 years 1 month ago #1 by Garibaldi
My Kunena install (1.0.7b) has had a strange problem - a user will return to the site (and be logged into Joomla) but they are not logged into Kunena. For example, looking at the top their avatar is not displayed and the text says login. In fact, I just noticed this problem here on Kunena.com! I went to search the forum for this issue, and before I searched I was a guest. After the search, I was mysteriously logged in!

Any ideas on how to fix this "login sync" bug so that users are automatically logged into Kunena if they're already logged in on the rest of Joomla?

Thanks!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 1 month ago #2 by fxstein
Hi,

Yes we have seen this. This in not specific to Kunena but seems to be across the board with all components in J1.5.9

We have not been able to confirm the source but we believe that is not Kunena related.

Thx!

fxstein

We love stars on the Joomla Extension Directory . :-)

More
15 years 1 month ago #3 by Garibaldi
Great thanks for the super fast reply! I guess we'll wait for J1.5.10 to hopefully resolve this!

More
15 years 1 month ago #4 by johnnydement
This sessins error has been around our heads for quite sometime already, it's most visible here in kunena but happens other places also... if you don't come from joomla mainsite, but from a bookmarkk directly to kunena or similar, you appear not logged, until you refresh page or follow any link...

It's an important thing, but we're clueless on where to look...

More
15 years 1 month ago #5 by OPEN365
Actually this has been a huge issue in 1.5.8. In 1.5.9 I noticed the problem was somewhat reduced so I think the developers at J! have a handle on it for the next version. I hope!

If you have 1.5.8 upgrade ASAP! Because users will have problems especially if you have cache on. In any case cache off really reduces the problem almost to 0.

More
15 years 1 month ago #6 by Garibaldi
I think I have a solution to this problem. On the official Joomla site, I came across this thread and this tracker which provide a patch but also claim that the problem is resolved in 1.5.9. However, there is a catch. What you need to do is go into your Joomla Backend to the Plugins section. Make the "Remember Me" plugin come first in the order so that it is before both the Cache and Legacy plugins. Apparently these plugins are the source of the problem but if you make the "Remember Me" plugin first in priority, its able to override them. I've made this change on my site and so far I haven't noticed the issue anymore.

More
15 years 1 month ago #7 by OPEN365
Good looking out I will try this as well!

More
15 years 1 month ago #8 by johnnydement
Mu site runs on 1.5.9, and the problem persists... so, no, it hasn't been fixed :P

More
15 years 1 month ago #9 by fxstein
Garibaldi wrote:

I think I have a solution to this problem. On the official Joomla site, I came across this thread and this tracker which provide a patch but also claim that the problem is resolved in 1.5.9. However, there is a catch. What you need to do is go into your Joomla Backend to the Plugins section. Make the "Remember Me" plugin come first in the order so that it is before both the Cache and Legacy plugins. Apparently these plugins are the source of the problem but if you make the "Remember Me" plugin first in priority, its able to override them. I've made this change on my site and so far I haven't noticed the issue anymore.

Excellent find! Thank you very much! I moved the Remember Me Plugin to the top of the list of system plugins. Lets see if that does the trick.

We should write this up in the docuemtnation and FAQ as well as Tips and Tricks Section on docs.

In here this will get lost very qucikly.

Thx!

fxstein

We love stars on the Joomla Extension Directory . :-)

More
15 years 1 month ago #10 by Matias

Time to create page: 0.505 seconds