Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

This is not a support forum for any of the products contained herein. For product support you should visit the developer's website.

The information given in this category is intended to guide users who want to use various third-party products with Kunena and, mostly, was written by Kunena users. The information here is not necessarily accurate, up-to-date nor is it intended to replace the support given by the developers of other Joomla extensions.

If you are having problems then, for your own benefit, it would save us all a lot of time if you would kindly post your configuration report when you ask for help from this forum. If you do not post your configuration report we will not ask you for it but you will probably not get your problem solved, either.

Question Kunena Discuss to show all comments from the topic (including the first post)

More
8 years 1 month ago - 8 years 1 month ago #1 by katamar
Hello all,
I'm using the Kunena discuss, with custom {kunena_discuss:#} to connect an old topic to joomla article. the problem is that at the bottom of the article I see all posts of the topic, except the first one. But in my case the first one is a post that need to be shown, and not only a post with the link to the article (I suppose that the kunena discuss show at the bottom of the article all the replies to the topic, and not the first post, cause usually the first post is the one generated automatically by the plugin, and contains only the intro or the link to the joomla article).
I think there is no configuration for it and so i'm looking in the php code...kunenadiscuss.php, function showTopic(), but I see that it calls kunena API, and I don't know where to indicate that i need all the posts, and not only the replies. Someone can help me?
Thank you
Last edit: 8 years 1 month ago by katamar.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 1 month ago - 8 years 1 month ago #2 by rich
I'm not sure whether I have understood the question correctly.

The first post is only a copy from the Joomla article therefore he will not displayed below the article. You want to see the same article twice on the front page?
Or you mean the first Forum post? The complete article will displayed with setting "Content in First Post = Article".
Last edit: 8 years 1 month ago by rich.

More
8 years 1 month ago #3 by katamar
I try to explain better. Imagine that you have an article A, and a kunena topic B (not created by the discuss plugin). Now you want that the comment to the article A, are saved into the topic B (and you can do this using the {kunena_discuss:#} in the article. It's ok and it works, but in the Article, at the bottom of the page, you see all the posts of the topic B, except the first one.
But I need to show the first post in this case, cause it's not a copy of the article.
I'm diving into the code of Kunena to see where this "first post" is cut away from the results...but still nothing :(

More
8 years 1 month ago - 8 years 1 month ago #4 by rich

It's ok and it works, but in the Article, at the bottom of the page, you see all the posts of the topic B, except the first one.
But I need to show the first post in this case, cause it's not a copy of the article.

It is a copy of the article. Here is a example:

Attachments:
Last edit: 8 years 1 month ago by rich.

More
8 years 1 month ago #5 by katamar
Yes it's a copy when you use the discuss plugin for creating the new topic.
But there is an option in the discuss plugin about "custom topics".
If you have an existing thread in the forum that contains these posts:
post #1
-I'm post 1

post #2
-I'm post 2

post #3
-I'm post 3

And you have a new article in joomla, and you want that its comments go to the old topic, like this:

Article new
** text of the article**

comments:
post #3
-I'm post 3

post #2
-I'm post 2

post #1
-I'm post 1

In my case, the post #1 never appears in the comments, even if it's not an automatically created post.
Hope my explanation is more clear now.

More
8 years 1 month ago #6 by katamar
I found in the code where the first post is hidden in plugins\content\kunenadiscuss\tmpl\default_left.php
Code:
// Do not display first message if ($this->message->id == $this->topic->first_post_id) return;

If I remove that line, the first post appear. Would be good if I can add something in the token
{kunena_discuss:#} to add the information for shwoing or not the first post. Something like:
{kunena_discuss:#:true} but then I don't know how to get this information in the default_left.php file.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ssnobben

More
8 years 1 month ago #7 by katamar
Nobody can help me? :(
In general i would need to access to some variable defined in file kunenadiscuss.php, from the default_left.php, that is the template. Someone knows how is possible to do this?

More
7 years 10 months ago #8 by ssnobben

Time to create page: 0.455 seconds