Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

This is not a support forum for any of the products contained herein. For product support you should visit the developer's website.

The information given in this category is intended to guide users who want to use various third-party products with Kunena and, mostly, was written by Kunena users. The information here is not necessarily accurate, up-to-date nor is it intended to replace the support given by the developers of other Joomla extensions.

If you are having problems then, for your own benefit, it would save us all a lot of time if you would kindly post your configuration report when you ask for help from this forum. If you do not post your configuration report we will not ask you for it but you will probably not get your problem solved, either.

Question Kunena Discuss and K2

More
8 years 1 month ago #1 by men1079
Hello. I want to use K2 componet for site content. How can i use kunena discuss plugin for comment K2 content?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 1 month ago #2 by sozzled
Replied by sozzled on topic Kunena Discuss and K2

men1079 wrote: Hello. I want to use K2 componet for site content. How can i use kunena discuss plugin for comment K2 content?

No.

This question has been asked and answered a dozen or more times on this forum.

Kunena Discuss only works with Joomla articles; it does not with K2 things. Please talk to the K2 developers to ask them whether they're interesting in developing a plugin that will work with the Kunena forum component.
The following user(s) said Thank You: men1079

More
8 years 1 month ago #3 by men1079
Replied by men1079 on topic Kunena Discuss and K2

sozzled wrote: Kunena Discuss only works with Joomla articles; it does not with K2 things. Please talk to the K2 developers to ask them whether they're interesting in developing a plugin that will work with the Kunena forum component.

Hm.. I think Kunena developers can do plugin to K2. For example, componet “JComments” have own plugin “K2 JComments”. And developers for JComment supports it version.

More
8 years 1 month ago - 8 years 1 month ago #4 by sozzled
Replied by sozzled on topic Kunena Discuss and K2

men1079 wrote: I think Kunena developers can do plugin to K2 ...

Perhaps ... but I doubt it. There simply is no profitability in doing this; there's no money to be made by writing, distributing and maintaining a plugin for free. If it were profitable to do this—to write, distribute and maintain a form of Kunena Discuss that interoperated with K2, EasyBlog, DocMan or other Joomla extensions—the I think this would have been done a long time ago.

The facts are these:

1) No-one has developed and is maintaining a commenting feature that operates with K2 (or with EasyBlog, Docman, or any of a dozen or more other blogging components written for Joomla ) and Kunena.

2) No-one has requested a freelance developer to write an extension based on Kunena Discuss that would operate with alternative Joomla content-authoring components. If people were really keen to have someone develop a plugin that worked like Kunena Discuss, then I'm sure they could make their own arrangements to pay someone for their time and expertise to develop this kind of software.

3) There is little incentive these days for people to write, offer for sale and continue to maintain software, where those products rely on other developers whose future plans are unknown. As people would be well-aware, independently-written software (e.g. third-party templates, plugins and modules written for Kunena) have become more difficult to locate; it has also become more difficult to locate people (outside the Kunena team) who are prepared to invest their time in producing software that operates with Kunena. Therefore, when you suggest that the developers "can do" a plugin for K2, I do not know where your evidence is for making this suggestion.

4) Have you asked the developers of JComments if they're interested in writing a plugin for their component that works with Kunena?

I can only say "good luck" to people who ask if a variant of Kunena Discuss can be made to work with alternatives to the core Joomla content component. In the four years since Kunena Discuss has been available, no-one (to my knowledge) has written a plugin that allows website users to make comments on non "Joomla-authored" articles, that channels these comments into the Kunena forum and displays the comments together with the article. :)

It hasn't been done (in over four years) and I have grave doubts that it will ever be done ... unless someone believes they can make a profit from doing it. ;)
Last edit: 8 years 1 month ago by sozzled.
The following user(s) said Thank You: men1079

Time to create page: 0.390 seconds