Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

This is not a support forum for any of the products contained herein. For product support you should visit the developer's website.

The information given in this category is intended to guide users who want to use various third-party products with Kunena and, mostly, was written by Kunena users. The information here is not necessarily accurate, up-to-date nor is it intended to replace the support given by the developers of other Joomla extensions.

If you are having problems then, for your own benefit, it would save us all a lot of time if you would kindly post your configuration report when you ask for help from this forum. If you do not post your configuration report we will not ask you for it but you will probably not get your problem solved, either.

Question K 3.0.4 + MijoSEF: very slow performance

More
9 years 11 months ago - 9 years 11 months ago #1 by ascanipek
Hi everyone,

i use kunena 3.0.4 and forum index's opening time average time is 2.5 sn.

I tried wiki instructions but it is too slow.

what is the reason that problem?

you can see there: site-forum

This message contains confidential information

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Joomla! SEF: Enabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Enabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

This message contains confidential information
htaccess: Exists | PHP environment: Max execution time: 3000 seconds | Max execution memory: 2048M | Max file upload: 128M

Kunena menu details:

Warning: Spoiler!

Joomla default template details : ja_fixel | author: JoomlArt.com | version: 1.0.4 | creationdate: Unknown

Kunena default template details : JA Orisite | author: JoomlArt | version: 1.0.2 | creationdate: Jan 2014

Kunena version detailed: Kunena 3.0.4 | 2013-12-22 [ Ukko ]
| Kunena detailed configuration:

| Kunena integration settings:
| Joomla! detailed language files installed:

Third-party components: None

Third-party SEF components: None

Plugins: None

Modules: None

Last edit: 9 years 11 months ago by ascanipek.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 11 months ago - 9 years 11 months ago #2 by 810
Last edit: 9 years 11 months ago by 810.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ascanipek

More
9 years 11 months ago #3 by ascanipek
We followed your recommendations. Even though gzip and minify are active and file sizes are reasonable, Kunena loads in 2,5 seconds, which is not normal. I have another forum (phpBB) with heavier traffic working on a lower capacity server and it loads in approximately 0,4 seconds.

I wonder if Kunena consumes more server resources or generates heavier queries on database compared to other forum platforms and I really concern about what is going to happen when we start getting more traffic. Should we migrate to VBulletin or phpBB in advance? Given that it has an elegant design and user friendly features, we want to stick with Kunena though.

I really appreciate your further assistance in order to keep us using Kunena.

More
9 years 11 months ago - 9 years 11 months ago #4 by xillibit
Hello,

If you look forum here on kunena.org, it's pretty fast and big forums using Kunena too : www.joomlapolis.com/forum/index .

Are-you using specific plugins/modules/components on your site ?

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.
Last edit: 9 years 11 months ago by xillibit.

More
9 years 11 months ago - 9 years 11 months ago #5 by ascanipek
Hello,

The only component we are using is Mijosef(SEF component). If I share admin credentials with you, could you please take a look at the website in order to find out what is going wrong?

P.S. :We are hosting the website on a powerful server. The hosting plan offers virtual servers with reasonable resources.
Last edit: 9 years 11 months ago by ascanipek.

More
9 years 11 months ago #6 by ascanipek
other pages is very quick but only kunena slow :(

More
9 years 11 months ago #7 by 9themestore
Hi ascanipek,

I have just tried to visit your forum and it's very fast. I think you try to check the performance of the Joomla! template.

- Please provide your site url if it has been lived.
- Please share tip if it worked fine with you.
- Don't be shy about using the "Thanks" button below if you found my comment helpful :)

More
9 years 11 months ago #8 by ascanipek
Hi, Everyone who tries to help me :)

I fix the problem. Reason is the SEF Component (MijoSEF) now i try turn off or exclude com_kunena.

But when i disable SEF Component forum URL is .com/forum-index/forum , so how i change to .com/forum manually without SEF component?

More
9 years 11 months ago #9 by 810
1) Remove kunenamenu
2) Remove forum menu item on topmenu (or main menu)
3) Got to kunena - tools - menu manager - restore kunena menu
4) Enable the forum menu item. and place the item on the right menu type, like topmenu or other where you want the forum item.

Time to create page: 0.561 seconds