Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

This is not a support forum for any of the products contained herein. For product support you should visit the developer's website.

The information given in this category is intended to guide users who want to use various third-party products with Kunena and, mostly, was written by Kunena users. The information here is not necessarily accurate, up-to-date nor is it intended to replace the support given by the developers of other Joomla extensions.

If you are having problems then, for your own benefit, it would save us all a lot of time if you would kindly post your configuration report when you ask for help from this forum. If you do not post your configuration report we will not ask you for it but you will probably not get your problem solved, either.

Question Shoutbox extension doesn't seem to work right with latest Kunena

More
10 years 3 months ago #1 by Bjorn-SH
Hi there,

Hopefully this is posted in the right category, it doesn't really fit in "Kunena And Other Joomla Extensions" as the sub-categories don't cover this.

I've had a shoutbox on my site for a long time now and for ages now I've had issues with it not updating on the Recent Topics page of Kunena. I was thinking it was the extension but now after running the latest Kunena (3.0.4) update on a local site I noticed the issue has worsened with the shoutbox not updating however looking like it is refreshing constantly.

Why am I asking in here and not asking the developer? I've gone through this with him and like a lot of developers they've denied it's their fault and blamed someone else. Kunena is at fault apparently :huh:

So if anyone has come across this issue and has a fix I would be extremely happy to hear from you as this was once a great feature of my forum and now it is being avoided by my site members.

Any further details I can fill you in with please don't hesitate to ask.

Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 3 months ago #2 by sozzled

Bjorn-SH wrote: Hopefully this is posted in the right category, it doesn't really fit in "Kunena And Other Joomla Extensions" as the sub-categories don't cover this.

I'm sorry for your disappointment but (a) I have moved your topic to the Kunena and other Joomla extensions category because (b) the Kunena team does not know anything about this shoutbox extension.

Do you have problems running the shoutbox extension on all pages of your site or only on your forum pages?

I have no experience with shoutbox things; I am not even sure that I know how they work. I am guessing that these things utilise some kind of AJAX and therein may lie the answer. Sorry that I can't help you with this issue myself - I'm only doing the "forum moderating" task of helping us to decide which category is the right place for tackling your problem - but perhaps someone else in the community can share their insights into a solution/workaround for you.

More
10 years 3 months ago #3 by Bjorn-SH
Thanks for the reply Sozzled.

The Shoutbox only has issues on the Recent Topics page of the forum no other pages of my site. As far as I know that is the only place. Unfortunately that is where everyone used to use the Shoutbox as they sit in Recent Topics and refresh for the latest topics to show up and chat while they're there.

It is AJAX based ;)

I know Kunena isn't at fault, I'm just hoping to find a solution here perhaps via someone who has had a similar issue.

More
10 years 3 months ago #4 by sozzled

Bjorn-SH wrote: The Shoutbox only has issues on the Recent Topics page of the forum no other pages of my site.

The simple "solution" is not display the shoutbox module on that page.

More
10 years 3 months ago #5 by Bjorn-SH
I wish it were that simple but like I said it's where the majority of members used to use the Shoutbox and the Recent Topics page would have 95% of all traffic to my site.

Time to create page: 0.432 seconds