Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

This is not a support forum for any of the products contained herein. For product support you should visit the developer's website.

The information given in this category is intended to guide users who want to use various third-party products with Kunena and, mostly, was written by Kunena users. The information here is not necessarily accurate, up-to-date nor is it intended to replace the support given by the developers of other Joomla extensions.

If you are having problems then, for your own benefit, it would save us all a lot of time if you would kindly post your configuration report when you ask for help from this forum. If you do not post your configuration report we will not ask you for it but you will probably not get your problem solved, either.

Question Zoo items in Kunena profile inside a tab - possible?

More
10 years 6 months ago #1 by lefreak
hi,

i got a website running latest kunena forum and zoo. now i have downloads at the zoo archive that were made by specific users. i would like to list specific zoo items in the kunena profile of the member the download is from.

like here:

enterplayment.net/forum/user/980-sabih

i want to have another tab beside 'posts' that shows all zoo entries where the author is the user from that profile.

i would say that i need to create a new tab which is public and add those entries manually so there must not be an automatic system but i have no idea how to. so the possiblity of having an own tab where i just can add specific links for each profile as an admin would be enough. users should not be able to edit that list in their own profile.

is it possible and can someone help me please? :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 6 months ago #2 by sozzled
I'm sorry but can you explain the terms "zoo archive" and "zoo item", please? :S

More
10 years 6 months ago #3 by lefreak
Sure.

enterplayment.net/downloads/main/

This is the download archive made with yootheme zoo.

enterplayment.net/downloads/saturn/shinobi-legions

This is a single download page / zoo item. Here you can see "Movie author: Sabih" and the name is a link to the profile of Sabih at Kunena.

Now I want to have a tab where all downloads/items from Sabih from the download archive are listed in the Kunena Profile. Like in the example I try to describe, there would be a tab at Sabih's Kunena profile where a link to the download example of Shinobi Legions links to.

I hope this made this more clear but my english is not the best at all. :pinch:

More
10 years 6 months ago - 10 years 6 months ago #4 by sozzled
Thank you for the explanation. It is much clearer to me now. You want some custom modification to be made to the Kunena user profile so that you can display "things" contributed by a user "beyond" what they contribute in the forum.

I do not know how to incorporate these Zoo "things" into the Kunena profile - I am not a developer. I imagine that the Zoo developers would need to write a plugin to add the extra information into the Kunena user profile. Have you asked the developers of Zoo if they are interested in undertaking this work for you?

Because this is not a feature of Kunena - this is custom work - perhaps we should move this topic into another category (depending on whether you are offering to pay for this work or not). Perhaps, if you are offering to pay someone to do this work for you, another member of the community may be interested in developing a solution that meets your requirements.
Last edit: 10 years 6 months ago by sozzled.

More
10 years 6 months ago #5 by lefreak
I could have written the question much simpler and then it would be like 'how can I add a tab to the kunena profile and write there information as an admin to each user?'

Because of that I am not sure if you got me when you say it is not a Kunena feature since it is only about the Kunena profile. I have full understanding when you say that it is a too big wish to just get free service but could you at least tell me which file handles these tabs?

More
10 years 6 months ago - 10 years 6 months ago #6 by sozzled
Are you offering to pay someone to write a custom plugin that will implement a tab in the Kunena user profile? As as i wrote earlier, I am not a developer and I do not know which file(s) handle this matter.
Last edit: 10 years 6 months ago by sozzled.

Time to create page: 0.508 seconds